Coffee Forums banner

Europicolla shower screen leak

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  martyrdon 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I recently installed the pressure profiling kit from coffeehit and now I have a constant leak coming from the shower screen when the lever is fully depressed.

Initially I thought it might be the seals so I bought a kit and replaced them but this didn't solve the issue. I wonder if the new piston rod isnt lowering enough to let the piston get fully past the water inlet to the group?

Has anyone else had a similar issue with these kits?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi all,

I recently installed the pressure profiling kit from coffeehit and now I have a constant leak coming from the shower screen when the lever is fully depressed.

Initially I thought it might be the seals so I bought a kit and replaced them but this didn't solve the issue. I wonder if the new piston rod isnt lowering enough to let the piston get fully past the water inlet to the group?

Has anyone else had a similar issue with these kits?

Thanks!
Do you have a video? Did you install the piston seals the right way up? (the open side should face outwards on both - so lower points down, upper points up).

#4 ·
I can't see any other reason for the leak unless you have damaged seals or they are not installed correctly.

The other thing it could be is that your piston is not all the way down when the lever is all the way down, allowing water to come from the boiler.

The other possible causes:

- Cracked sleeve;
- Sleeve seal damaged

Which, unless you've been brutally heavy handed and abused the machine like crazy when installing the kit, I can't see how on earth how that could possibly be damaged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.