Coffee Forums banner

Mazzer Royal colour code?

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  24774 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the colour code for the standard Mazzer Royal paint is? Rather than respraying mine, I thought I would just get a metallic paint touch up pen, the sort that is used on cars. It's only got a few chips and the rest is in good condition. But colour matching is a problem atm, I'm just googling 'metallic grey pearl' to try and find a pen.

Has anyone else bought a coloured paint/enamel/pen that matched well for this grinder's standard colour?

#3 ·
It's 30kg so carrying it anywhere past the living room is a bit of a hardship. I did bring it across London in a suitcase but would prefer to not have to do that again. Maybe I should email Mazzer? I wonder if they'd be able to help.

Would Halfords except a picture I wonder?

#4 ·
Photos aren't great as the colour varies by camera and screen.

I did think carrying it may be an issue due to weight (I have a Royal which I'm going to polish and re-lacquer, if it was paint I'd have put it in the car and gone to Halfords for you). There's not even a small bit that can be removed and taken, because as far as I can think it's only the main body that's painted.

#5 ·
Photos aren't great as the colour varies by camera and screen.

I did think carrying it may be an issue due to weight (I have a Royal which I'm going to polish and re-lacquer, if it was paint I'd have put it in the car and gone to Halfords for you). There's not even a small bit that can be removed and taken, because as far as I can think it's only the main body that's painted.
Aah yeah of course. My girlfriend has a Pixel, excellent colour reproduction (better than my OnePlus) but you're right, it does vary outside of the new £800/£1k phones.

Thanks for offer, I wouldn't want you to lug that thing around on my account though! I've emailed Mazzer, maybe they can help. Outside that it's maybe a bit of guesswork.

#6 ·
Hopefully they (Mazzer) can help, but in terms of your Google search, be aware that metallic and pearl are very different paint finishes/ The simplest difference is that if you look at pearl from one direction it can look a different colour compared to how it looks from another, such as purple hue one way, pink another, maybe even orange a third. Metallic will have a difference but is more about shade (if it's grey/silver) difference depending on direction. Within metallic paint there are different grain sizes and different colours.

This might sound weird but have a walk around a carpark chances are that for every 10 cars at least 3 will be "silver" so have a look for a car of what appears to be the right colour and note down the registration as most firms can supply touch-up based on car reg as well as paint code. Just knowing the make and model wouldn't be enough as you'll likely find many manufacturers offer several different silvers simultaneously.

#7 ·
This might sound weird but have a walk around a carpark chances are that for every 10 cars at least 3 will be "silver" so have a look for a car of what appears to be the right colour and note down the registration as most firms can supply touch-up based on car reg as well as paint code.
That is a good idea, I'll do that. I was looking a Aston Martin and Maserati online but car parks round my way would be a lot better.

Thanks for tip about pearl/metallic. What would you call the Royal colour if you had to describe it? Just metallic dark grey? It has a slight shimmer I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.