IGNORED

Bezzera Duo/Matrix technicians password

As a happy relatively new owner of a Bezzera Duo I was wondering what could be controlled in the technicians password protected area. I know the store I bought it from here in Vancouver, Canada, ECM, set it for our 120 volt 20 amp circuit in the kitchen. Presumably there are settings for the three PIDs which I would not have a clue how to adjust so wouldn’t dare. But what other tricks does it have up its sleeves? It has certainly been a joy to use and drink the espressos from compared to my 12 year old first version Oscar.

Love reading the informed commenters on this site. Have ordered a Niche to upgrade over my 10 year old Nuova Simonelli Grinta flat as a result. 

regards to all. 

@RoninVan - that’s annoying. Certainly something which would drive me mad if I can’t access all the functions. My view is that I bought an expensive coffee machine, and I want to be fully responsible for it. I should not be dependent on tech. Support, unless really needed.

Did you consider phoning up the retailer, explain to them what you want and maybe they can help you? 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

You are not missing out on any features not having access to the service menu I can assure you but if you really are curious for some reason then you will need to discuss it with your retailer.

David

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Bezzera machines back in stock!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the replies. I did consider asking the retailer for the password. However when I bought it and I asked about problems they had experienced with it, the only one had been from a user getting into the technicians menu and making changes he/she should not have. They then realized their error, but hadn't recorded things so could not set it back to the original settings, necessitating a trip to the vendor to correct.

It was more idle curiousity on my part. I like to know how things work. That helps me to do my own simpler repairs when things do go awry. The more complex things (ie programmable electronics controls) I leave to the trained technicians.

Edited by RoninVan