Jump to content
IGNORED

Eureka Mignon Specialita grind times...


Andydaer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Coff Hey said:

Where are you based? The retailer should be sorting warranty for you are you not having any luck with them either? Let me know I'm sure we can sort it for you.

I’m in Los Angeles, fortunately or not. Lol. I imagine it will be a lot of hassle for you to get you involved.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, heytchap said:

I’m in Los Angeles, fortunately or not. Lol. I imagine it will be a lot of hassle for you to get you involved.. 

PM me your address and I’ll have a rummage for some replacement blades mate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,here exactly the same problem. After dialing in, the grind speed is about 0.9g/s. Unfortunately sitting In Poland, will contact my dealer. Should I reach out to eureka too? Did you have any results of reaching out to them directly? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does this only affect Specialita, Or could it be the Silenzio model too…?

I’ve just had some inconsistencies with dialling in, been back and forth more times than I remember; just want to check it’s not faulty hardware and solely down to my own inexperience 😵💫

Darren

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Adamorkiestra said:

Hi,here exactly the same problem. After dialing in, the grind speed is about 0.9g/s. Unfortunately sitting In Poland, will contact my dealer. Should I reach out to eureka too? Did you have any results of reaching out to them directly? 

Eureka told me to go to my dealer and gave me somewhat generic advice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/05/2021 at 15:21, JohanR said:

I think you can check this yourself. At least in my case the two burrs looked differently and the faulty one had EUREKA written on the side whereas the correct one has Eureka written with curly letters on the back. I also include a picture where the upper one is the correct one and the lower the faulty one. The main difference to look for is in the breaker region where the beans enter the burr.
88C1CF86-5D0F-45D2-A473-92727D6681C4.thumb.jpeg.37967d42f357d1dcd97a6899d00ba627.jpeg

 

Hey Johan, I noticed the same thing on my burrs when recently cleaned my Specialita. Does this mean they're 2 different burrs from each other? 

Also, your current burrs, is the writing the same on both burrs? 

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would guess so. But the best thing is really to look at the geometry of the burrs in breaker region. I circled the regions I look at in the picture below.

And yes, both burrs now have Eureka written on the back with curly letters.

IMG_1054 (kopia).jpeg

Edited by JohanR
Clarification
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohanR said:

I would guess so. But the best thing is really to look at the geometry of the burrs in breaker region. I circled the regions I look at in the picture below.

And yes, both burrs now have Eureka written on the back with curly letters.

IMG_1054 (kopia).jpeg

Thanks for the response, I'll quickly open grinder up, it's worth a check.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/06/2021 at 20:26, C0ffeeN0vice said:

Does this only affect Specialita, Or could it be the Silenzio model too…?

I’ve just had some inconsistencies with dialling in, been back and forth more times than I remember; just want to check it’s not faulty hardware and solely down to my own inexperience 😵💫

Darren

No known issue with any 50mm models. 
 

Have your blades and/or lower blade holder ever been out? If yes I’d be keen to dismantle, clean, reassemble and check all in spec. 
 

if not then I’d be checking customers approach to adjustment, environment (temperature & humidity) and beans in use.

 

good luck here if you need me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all - i stumbled across this forum - my new Eureka grinder too has this same issue. I've been getting 18g in 23seconds 3.5 dials from 0.

I bought my grinder in Australia - i'm talking to the store - hopefully they can sort this out.

 

Will share my experience as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, hubcap said:

Does anyone know from what manufacturing dates this started to happen ?

I bought my Specialita 16cr in Oct 2019.

A batch produced late 2020. So units purchased in December or January, maybe even February depending on retailer, may be effected. Can confirm with a serial number but for you this is not an issue at that age.

 

Hope this helps!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Coff Hey said:

A batch produced late 2020. So units purchased in December or January, maybe even February depending on retailer, may be effected. Can confirm with a serial number but for you this is not an issue at that age.

 

Hope this helps!

It puts my mind at rest - many thanks @Coff Hey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best to test it - I think its really obvious if your grinder is slow... i think most people with these issues are experiencing over 20 seconds to get 18g of coffee.... usually should take 10 to 15 seconds imo 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey all; just a quick update - brought it back to the store and they repalced the Burrs. It is working great now.

 

So looks like it was one of these where i had mismatched burr set

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, rily said:

Hey all; just a quick update - brought it back to the store and they repalced the Burrs. It is working great now.

 

So looks like it was one of these where i had mismatched burr set

Ah great news.. enjoy 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

@Coff Hey Hi, I would appreciate if you could check mine please? Purchased in July. SN = PH9512117154732.

Took it apart to compare to the photo above but no idea what I'm supposed to look out for. 

I single dose and it takes around 15-16 seconds to grind 19g of beans

Thank you

Edited by Djc926
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, @Coff Hey just noticed this thread would really appreciate if you could check mine if that’s possible? Specialita purchased April this year, I’m finding I need to use finest setting just shy of burrs touching lately to get my usual volume out in expected time and this is over a number of different beans/roasts. SN is PH0012045114240

I won’t be able to take apart until this evening to check the burrs myself. As per previous poster, I single dose and takes about 15 seconds to grind 18g

many thanks in advance

Edited by JahLaza
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...