IGNORED

Prince Philip RIP

Listening to the radio with the funeral to start at 3pm. Thought about the commonwealth, where lots of our coffee comes from and a lifetime of service to the nation. I believe he will be sorely missed. Certainly deserves a mention on here.

Thank you for your service....

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 9

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

Visited the house in Corfu where he was born....on  a kitchen table no less. Was a bit Marmite - especially regarding some of his gaffes. What is indisputable and worthy of respect was his support for the queen and sense of duty was admirable. Speaking of admirals - that is something he may well have become had he not sacrificed his naval career when he married the queen. 

• Like 4

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 17.29.11.png

I fail to understand the disrespect being shown here. No matter what your views on the Royal family, they are our Royal family and I think more folks ought to have contributed something to this thread.

R.I.P.

• Like 1

1808484491_dfk41toffee2.JPG.78120b8fa5b4a1ac62bd0d035cf72d1f.JPG

21 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

I fail to understand the disrespect being shown here. No matter what your views on the Royal family, they are our Royal family and I think more folks ought to have contributed something to this thread.

R.I.P.

It's only been up a few hours and they are probably watching/listening to the funeral. I think a lot of what he did wasn't really talked about....or well known.

• Like 1

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

His done rather a lot really looking over his entire career and recent broadcasts should have enlightened a number of people.

The sad aspect in view goes back to the 80's when he was firmly told to shut up. Might have been a touch earlier. I don't see telling the captains of a variety of business to get their fingers out etc is a political comment but it ended his opportunity to say things like that or anything remotely like it, negative or positive. ;) I also thought he made  a good point at the time.

• Like 2
  • DavecUK changed the title to Prince Philip RIP
2 hours ago, hubcap said:

Like him or not, he certainly knew a sense of duty - I liked him.

RIP.

Me too, a massive loss to the country and the commonwealth. So much of his work went on quietly behind the scenes. Having read and heard more about him since his death, I was truly saddened by his passing.

• Like 1

He left big shoes to fill. I honestly do not think anyone could do what he did.

He was a common sense, down to earth person who had seen a lot in his life.

He has never been afraid to show his human side.

RIP

Edited by John Yossarian
  • Like 2

Nothing succeeds as planned.

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe