IGNORED

New Bezzera BZ10 with no brew pressure

Hi guys,

just unboxed my new bz10 today and there doesn’t seem to be any brew pressure! Neither tap not stream wand work and the brew pressure dial is reading zero.. any ideas? Am I being an idiot and not doing something simple??

So long as there is water in the tank and it is being detected (the orange light is on) then it should just heat up after filling the boiler.

I assume you are in Aus given the name? Time to contact the retailer given it is new imo. There is a security seal on the case so I wouldn't advise you inspecting the internals without their authorisation.

David (UK Bezzera dealer)

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Bezzera machines back in stock!

It heats up just fine, ie I’m able to pull a shot through it. It’s just there’s no pressure to either the tap or the wand. 

i thought it was just my incompetence but sounding like it might be the machine, which is very frustrating given its brand new!!

1 minute ago, MaroubraAndy said:

It heats up just fine, ie I’m able to pull a shot through it. It’s just there’s no pressure to either the tap or the wand. 

i thought it was just my incompetence but sounding like it might be the machine, which is very frustrating given its brand new!!

So both the dials on the manometer read zero? 

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

1 minute ago, MaroubraAndy said:

Yes although when I pull a shot the bottom dial goes up to around 3. The pressure stays at 0 though..

Ok. The bottom dial is the brew pressure. The top is boiler pressure. 

Given it is at 0 and there is no steam or water pressure I suspect the boiler is probably not heating at all. Any heat you are getting in the brew water is likely the result of it passing through the group as the group is electrically heated and does not rely on the warmth from the boiler.

I could not say for sure without inspecting the machine of course. 

David 

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Posted (edited)

Ok that makes a lot of sense, any idea why on each the boiler wouldn’t be heating?

Actually given the machine is completely silent when I turn it on that’s probably it. 

Edited by MaroubraAndy
3 minutes ago, MaroubraAndy said:

Ok that makes a lot of sense, any idea why on each the boiler wouldn’t be heating?

Actually given the machine is completely silent when I turn it on that’s probably it. 

There is only one boiler. It is a heat exchange machine. The one boiler serves the brew group, steam and hot water.

If the boiler did not run for a couple of minutes when you very first took it out the box and put water in the tank then it sounds like the machine has not filled the boiler in which case it would not heat up. 

Out of curiosity how was the machine packed when it arrived? Was it just in the Bezzera box or was it palletised? I assume it came direct from Italy given it was from Caffe Italia? 

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

yep understood all of that. Is there any way I can resolve the situation myself?

It came on a pallet as you described.

I’m actually heading back to Australia in a couple of weeks and planning to ship the machine to take it with me, so obviously don’t want to have to wait for a new machine / swap.

6 minutes ago, MaroubraAndy said:

yep understood all of that. Is there any way I can resolve the situation myself?

It came on a pallet as you described.

I’m actually heading back to Australia in a couple of weeks and planning to ship the machine to take it with me, so obviously don’t want to have to wait for a new machine / swap.

In all honest I would just be speculating about the cause without being able to look at the machine.

Hopefully CI will help you but I am afraid to say there are some less than glowing reports in the equipment retailer reviews section on the forum regarding their after sale support so you may need a plan B. 

David 

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

21 minutes ago, MaroubraAndy said:

Awesome... thanks for your help though David, to be honest I would have bought it from yourself but you were out of stock at the time. I may live to regret that decision by the sounds of it!!

We are still trying to master fluctuating demand and a 90 day lead time on machines!

Hope you get sorted.

David

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

20 minutes ago, BlackCatCoffee said:

a 90 day lead time on machines!

Hope you get sorted.

David

Crikey! Is this due to COVID, Brexit, both or none? 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group