Coffee Forums banner

Used price for a k10 pro barista

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  glenfiddich 
#1 ·
Hello - I wanted to gauge views from Compak owners as to what a second hand K10 should be worth. I've listed mine in the adverts section of the forum for £500 but haven't had any interest as yet. Not in any great rush to sell but keen to understand if I am unintentionally off with my pricing... Any thoughts much appreciated. Cheers.

#6 ·
Thanks, all. Much appreciated.

Yes, it has a doser. The funny thing is, whilst intended for cafes, the doser is actually excellent for single dosing. I know it sounds odd but I found very much that the act of grinding into the dosing chamber and then sweeping it through into the portafilter helped to take out clumps without much (if any) need for RDT. Scott Rao observes the same thing in one of his books on espresso.

Thanks again for the replies.

#7 ·
Some people do a clean sweep mod on them. Polythene I think to improve the action of the sweeper. Never seen any precise problems

Lack of clumps from dosers has been mentioned but not much on here. Fashion rears it's head and of course the electronic ones cost more so must be better and highly desireable ;) even when getting them to dose very consistently doesn't always work out. It did one one for me by going cafe style and only ever using one type of bean but it still needed small timer adjustments now and again and lots when I first started working like that.

I think the other problem is Niche = £500. Solo £100 less but IMHO not the equal of Niche.

#8 ·
Bought mine for around £450 almost 2 years ago. At the time it was almost 8 years old and in immaculate condition (save for a threaded burr carrier which I did not find until later - but thats another story).

I agree that £400-500 is fair.. however given the current hype for doseless grinders there might not be enough interest at that price. Personally I have no regrets and if I had to make the decision again, would still buy this over a Niche.

Agree than dosers are really underated as a part of single dosing workflow. People seem to be averse to spending a few seconds clearing a doser, but are happy to spend a millennia on puck prep getting rid of clumps and static.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.