Jump to content
IGNORED

Tapatalk Is Now Turned Off


Recommended Posts

Please note Tapatalk has been turned off so you won't be able to access CFUK via that platform.

CFUK is fully mobile friendly. Apple and Android users can add us to their Home Screen for an App like experience and it will keep you logged in forever etc.

540302738_Screenshot2021-04-10at10_46_32.png.686d1b182cc7492a0d4222e5a6732a50.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2099893675_Screenshot2021-08-18at10_18_29.png.64d72435dfb5ecf4fe98b7a7a3408e52.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Phil104 said:

I'm sorry if I have missed key information about this...how do I add it to my iPhone? 

Safari -> Share -> Add to Home Screen

CD16D710-E9F0-409C-B0FB-620F6F73371A.jpeg

385E5259-5B82-4BAA-ABA3-B64170EBF402.jpeg

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Phil104 How to add an CFUK icon to you phone/tablet etc's home screen.

In your browser, navigate to CFUK and open it. Next, click on the 'open/share' icon at bottom of page - (box with arrow up in it).

This will give you options - click on 'add to home screen'.

 

1291552034_Screenshot2021-04-10at13_16_54.thumb.png.fcbc7f784844f633fdb42062493664ee.png

 

You will then get this

 

 

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 13.16.09.png

2099893675_Screenshot2021-08-18at10_18_29.png.64d72435dfb5ecf4fe98b7a7a3408e52.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Snap😀

 

Great minds and all of that! 😂😂😂😂

  • Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is reassuring as I though tapatalk was broken! I’ve not sued the web version since I joined a couple of years ago so am very out of touch with it. On tapatalk I could just view a stream of all threads starting with most recent update, how can I have the same view on the app version off the website on my iPhone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@jonnycooper29 you can't but who knows what else you were not seeing with it. Invisions smartphone view/interface lets you see everything and use all add ons implemented on the forum.

Edited by DavecUK

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

@jonnycooper29 you can't but who knows what else you were not seeing with it. Invisions smartphone view/interface lets you see everything and use all add ons implemented on the forum.

I’ve had a bit of a play with it and discovered some other features that shows me stuff that I definitely wasn’t seeing before. It’ll take a bit of time to get used to it, but I’m sure it’s better. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad I read this, I thought my account had been deactivated! Almost all the forums I used to follow have dropped Tapa now. Makes posting pics a pain and navigation less easy on some fora but I understand why forum admins hate it. None of my fora are supported anymore but tbh the convenience of Tapa made it a real time thief, and I don't have as much time these days so it's probably for the best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hotmetal said:

Glad I read this, I thought my account had been deactivated! Almost all the forums I used to follow have dropped Tapa now. Makes posting pics a pain and navigation less easy on some fora but I understand why forum admins hate it. None of my fora are supported anymore but tbh the convenience of Tapa made it a real time thief, and I don't have as much time these days so it's probably for the best. 

The reason they dropped it is that it has so many problems. It actually spells forum death for those that keep it running... The issues around privacy, low level hooks into forum software, interference with forum security permissions and functions etc.. etc.. Just searching on Google gives a rundown as to why forums are removing it.

The web interface is better, you see everything and the forum works as designed. Tapatalk was one of those gifts that just keeps giving when Tait acquired the forum. I won't even go into the rationale of installing it in the first place.

Also the classified adverts application will now work properly for you.... 😁 (Glad to see you back).

 

P.S. Makes me wonder if a few others think their accounts are deactivated?

 

 

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

P.S. Makes me wonder if a few others think their accounts are deactivated?

interesting point there Dave. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it could be me but I can't get a stream that suits what I need - I want to see all posts but only at topic level i.e. like tapatalk did. 

So I don't want to see individual updates for the same topic on my stream - just the updated topic return to the top of my stream if it was the last thing to be updated or started.

The 'all activity' stream doesn't seem to be filterable to Topic only. Anyone else have this problem or solved it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know tapa = evil etc but I find I spend a fraction of the time on the forum because the web ui is a just less focused and requires more painful navigation to content. 
shame there is no decent mobile app for this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, kennyboy993 said:

I think it could be me but I can't get a stream that suits what I need - I want to see all posts but only at topic level i.e. like tapatalk did. 

So I don't want to see individual updates for the same topic on my stream - just the updated topic return to the top of my stream if it was the last thing to be updated or started.

The 'all activity' stream doesn't seem to be filterable to Topic only. Anyone else have this problem or solved it?

@kennyboy993 Do you mean like this?

image.thumb.png.c372060f00999fe24ce2f886c01ed8e7.png

 

If you do simply

image.png.2a55acbff14d380f7a8961c031438d3b.png

Then

image.png.88c3e4b72e461083a43c3a6fe23a24c5.png

Then

image.thumb.png.c4c2d439d5519a4fb4bc60891fbc9c9e.pngimage.thumb.png.c4c2d439d5519a4fb4bc60891fbc9c9e.png

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zorkin said:

I know tapa = evil etc but I find I spend a fraction of the time on the forum because the web ui is a just less focused and requires more painful navigation to content. 
shame there is no decent mobile app for this. 

Invisions web ui is great...make sure it's turned on and you're not using desktop view on your device.

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DavecUK unpinned this topic
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...