Coffee Forums banner

Tapatalk Is Now Turned Off

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  kennyboy993 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please note Tapatalk has been turned off so you won't be able to access CFUK via that platform.​

CFUK is fully mobile friendly. Apple and Android users can add us to their Home Screen for an App like experience and it will keep you logged in forever etc.

Rectangle Font Jersey Screenshot Electric blue

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
@Phil104 How to add an CFUK icon to you phone/tablet etc's home screen.

In your browser, navigate to CFUK and open it. Next, click on the 'open/share' icon at bottom of page - (box with arrow up in it).

This will give you options - click on 'add to home screen'.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Circle

You will then get this

Colorfulness Light Product Screenshot Font

Attachments

#9 ·
This is reassuring as I though tapatalk was broken! I've not sued the web version since I joined a couple of years ago so am very out of touch with it. On tapatalk I could just view a stream of all threads starting with most recent update, how can I have the same view on the app version off the website on my iPhone?

#12 ·
Glad I read this, I thought my account had been deactivated! Almost all the forums I used to follow have dropped Tapa now. Makes posting pics a pain and navigation less easy on some fora but I understand why forum admins hate it. None of my fora are supported anymore but tbh the convenience of Tapa made it a real time thief, and I don't have as much time these days so it's probably for the best.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
The reason they dropped it is that it has so many problems. It actually spells forum death for those that keep it running... The issues around privacy, low level hooks into forum software, interference with forum security permissions and functions etc.. etc.. Just searching on Google gives a rundown as to why forums are removing it.

The web interface is better, you see everything and the forum works as designed. Tapatalk was one of those gifts that just keeps giving when Tait acquired the forum. I won't even go into the rationale of installing it in the first place.

Also the classified adverts application will now work properly for you.... 😁 (Glad to see you back).

P.S. Makes me wonder if a few others think their accounts are deactivated?

#15 ·
I think it could be me but I can't get a stream that suits what I need - I want to see all posts but only at topic level i.e. like tapatalk did.

So I don't want to see individual updates for the same topic on my stream - just the updated topic return to the top of my stream if it was the last thing to be updated or started.

The 'all activity' stream doesn't seem to be filterable to Topic only. Anyone else have this problem or solved it?

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think it could be me but I can't get a stream that suits what I need - I want to see all posts but only at topic level i.e. like tapatalk did.

So I don't want to see individual updates for the same topic on my stream - just the updated topic return to the top of my stream if it was the last thing to be updated or started.

The 'all activity' stream doesn't seem to be filterable to Topic only. Anyone else have this problem or solved it?
@kennyboy993 Do you mean like this?

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

If you do simply

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Screenshot

Then

Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

Then

Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system Parallel

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.