IGNORED

Profitec pro 700 review/faults

Hi guys,

I have been the sad owner of a Mara X since february where sadly it has spent more time broken with temperature probe and controller faults than it has working.

The place I bought it from have offered to upgrade it to a different machine so it's all boxed up waiting to be returned.

The reviews etc I have found of the profitec pro700 all seem pretty positive and I can't find many people who have had any issues with the machine.

As this is a big upgrade can I ask anyone who has one what their thoughts are of it before I commit to it. I am prepared to spend the extra just as long as I have a machine that works.

Thanks for your help in advance 😀

28 minutes ago, Steve0183 said:

Hi guys,

I have been the sad owner of a Mara X since february where sadly it has spent more time broken with temperature probe and controller faults than it has working.

The place I bought it from have offered to upgrade it to a different machine so it's all boxed up waiting to be returned.

The reviews etc I have found of the profitec pro700 all seem pretty positive and I can't find many people who have had any issues with the machine.

As this is a big upgrade can I ask anyone who has one what their thoughts are of it before I commit to it. I am prepared to spend the extra just as long as I have a machine that works.

Thanks for your help in advance 😀

Hello! I had the first iteration of the Pro-700 back in the day. Great machine. That was in 2014/15. If I were in the same position today... I’d go for the Lelit Bianca. I have the Elizabeth at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help in advance [emoji3]

Pro 700 is a solid choice, I have one after having a similar issue to you. The 700 is really well laid out internally, and has been rock solid for me since day 1. I bought it to last a long time.

That said, if you want to save £250 and get the paddle, then the Bianca is a good choice also. What I'm saying is you can't really go wrong with either, so pick whichever one you fancy more.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well! I bought a Vesuvius (second hand) from another member. Built like a tank (equally as well built as the Synchronika - I have one of those as well - long story..) but with all the pressure profiling options on top. I don't know why but the world seems to have passed the Vesuvius by.. @DavecUK will probably be able to elucidate but at the price point seems to me has no equal. 

45 minutes ago, GrahamSPhillips said:

Well! I bought a Vesuvius (second hand) from another member. Built like a tank (equally as well built as the Synchronika - I have one of those as well - long story..) but with all the pressure profiling options on top. I don't know why but the world seems to have passed the Vesuvius by.. @DavecUK will probably be able to elucidate but at the price point seems to me has no equal. 

It's a very, very high build cost machine...so it can only be sold direct...If a retailer sells it and makes a decent profit, it pushes the cost into outer space. It has evolved over the years into a very nice machine as all the wrinkles have been worked out. That was done almost 2 years ago.

• Boilers are as thick and very premium (read La marzocco quality). In fact the brew boiler couldn't be made any thicker and still hold the curve without cracking
  • Uses memory metal vacuum breaker for 4 years, only recently being used by LM (they use same breaker)
  • Only machine with the comprehensive programming for staged profiling (proper Last shot protection)
  • read the real pressure, unlike some machines (which I won't mention)!!!
  • Hugely strong stainless case and space frame, even with no baseplate, no front plate reinforcement as it was removed a 6+ year old reject case which wasn't as strong as current cases, can still take a double spring lever without collapsing
  •  Mechanical disconnect of brew boiler water preheat, unless a shot is being pulled. Preheat on off selectable (only machine that does this)
  • Expensive gear pump, not trying to do the same with cheaper less precise pumps.

It's a great machine, but...unless retailers heavily push it, it's easy to get forgotten. Often people only remember the early machines with teething problems. Mine is over 6 years old, never given me a problem apart from a loose display connector and slight leak when warming up on brew boiler heating element gasket...which I fixed.

The V-Vosdok is going to be a similar high quality machine with a very expensive build cost....I would estimate build cost is twice that of a popular lever machine (I won't mention), yet it's costing people 40% less.

Nothing here...

39 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

It's a very, very high build cost machine...so it can only be sold direct...If a retailer sells it and makes a decent profit, it pushes the cost into outer space. It has evolved over the years into a very nice machine as all the wrinkles have been worked out. That was done almost 2 years ago.

• Boilers are as thick and very premium (read La marzocco quality). In fact the brew boiler couldn't be made any thicker and still hold the curve without cracking
  • Uses memory metal vacuum breaker for 4 years, only recently being used by LM (they use same breaker)
  • Only machine with the comprehensive programming for staged profiling (proper Last shot protection)
  • read the real pressure, unlike some machines (which I won't mention)!!!
  • Hugely strong stainless case and space frame, even with no baseplate, no front plate reinforcement as it was removed a 6+ year old reject case which wasn't as strong as current cases, can still take a double spring lever without collapsing
  •  Mechanical disconnect of brew boiler water preheat, unless a shot is being pulled. Preheat on off selectable (only machine that does this)
  • Expensive gear pump, not trying to do the same with cheaper less precise pumps.

It's a great machine, but...unless retailers heavily push it, it's easy to get forgotten. Often people only remember the early machines with teething problems. Mine is over 6 years old, never given me a problem apart from a loose display connector and slight leak when warming up on brew boiler heating element gasket...which I fixed.

The V-Vosdok is going to be a similar high quality machine with a very expensive build cost....I would estimate build cost is twice that of a popular lever machine (I won't mention), yet it's costing people 40% less.

Wow Dave, I couldn't have put it better myself! Actually I wouldn't have known half that. I bought the machine more-or-less on spec based on your reviews and what I read here: https://www.home-barista.com/blog/vesuvius-espresso-machine-review-t32474.html  

Well I decided to take the leap and go with the profitec 700. I thought it would be a investment.

It's a lot more than I was ever planning on spending, but I think it should be worth while.

I'm just looking forward to getting a machine that works and doesnt keep breaking down.

I'm not telling the wife the extra cost though 😂

11 hours ago, Steve0183 said:

Well I decided to take the leap and go with the profitec 700. I thought it would be a investment.

It's a lot more than I was ever planning on spending, but I think it should be worth while.

I'm just looking forward to getting a machine that works and doesnt keep breaking down.

I'm not telling the wife the extra cost though 😂

It will be great and am sure you will love it.  Often likely that you will get bored of it (upgradeitis) before it breaks, especially if the water used is good!

bear in mind that all machines break - they key is mostly that they can be fixed relatively easily.