IGNORED

Sub £400 grinders availability in the UK?

I'm sat here with my new Gaggia Classic Pro and can't grind coffee for it! Can anyone recommend a decent grinder that's available for sub £400?

I settled on the Sette 270 which was in my Amazon basket over the weekend for £330 but now that's shot up to £560. There's a 30 available for £366 but seems very pricey for something without the fine adjustment. I then went to another retailer who said they were in stock but weren't. I then went to get a Sage but that went swiftly out of stock and I don't really want to spend £310 via a third party on Amazon.

I'm a bit lost! Has anyone got any recommendations?

If you want to go on demand/hopper fed - Eureka Specialita - there is a Eureka grinder section of the forum.

If you want to single dose - Solo - read the G-Iota / Solo thread in this section.

Both available from Bella Barista with great customer service and warranty support.

• Like 1

PMA all day!

G-Iota/Solo will be the new go to unless you want a hopper by the sounds of it.

Or are you focused on conicals? 

• Like 1

Many thanks all, Eureka Mignon Specialita is ordered from Bella Barista!

I initially missed this as some YouTube videos showed it without the screen and I wanted timed doses - these must have been older versions. I wasn't particularly after a conical, this looks great. Hopefully I'll be sipping on a rather nice espresso from my new kit tomorrow. Thanks again, I was beginning to get very frustrated.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sonicated said:

Sette 270

Dodged a bullet there! All I've read about them on here is problems. Specialita on the other hand is a well known and well regarded 'go-to' grinder. Congrats on the purchase, enjoy!

• Like 1

Congrats. The Specialita has a great rep, runs quiet and looks great imho (the Sette 270 looks like something out of an 80's school canteen). Also read a lot of reliablity issues with the 270 as it has plastic gearing apparently??

I was toying with a Niche but also not a huge fan of its retro looks and waiting 2-3 months to get one. I ordered from BB on Tuesday and went for the slightly cheaper delivery but its still arriving today yay. I did plump for the XL version in Matte Black. Chunk of change more for 65mm diamond burrs, colour matched body & base, rubberised pf holder and larger grind selector which is probably not the best value for money but upgradeitis set in and its my birthday present to myself.

• Like 2

What a great grinder - thanks again all. Bella Barista delivered within 24hrs, really good service. It's dialled in ok, still needs some fine adjustment and my technique needs to be slightly cleaner.

My wife says I made a mess, but I reckon it's a good espresso!

spacer.png