IGNORED

DE1+ v1.3 for sale

I am putting my DE1+ up for sale, bought June 2020, domestic use 2-4 coffees per day, used with Ashbeck water only

No damage / issues EXCEPT the wooden portafilter handle has some paint chips / slight dings from over-enthusiastic knocking out of pucks.  

I have a plastic shower screen spacer fitter currently - said to improve body/ mouth feel and drier pucks with the decent machines - cost about £50 (3d printed by a Decent Diaspora member in USA).  This is easily removed during standard shower screen cleaning.

I have spoken to Decent who agree that the remaining two year warranty plus access to the event Diaspora forum will be fully transferable when I inform him who it is sold to.

I also plan to include a second generic 58mm portafiler handle and a LM IMS competition 7g (single) basket, as well as Scarlet espresso stainless steel dosing funnels for this and the Decent 18g basket, plus flat base tampers in 58.5 and 44 (for the single basket), as I am likely moving to life with  54mm baskets.  Total new cost of these items about £90?

Why am I selling - I ave had a lot of fun experimenting, and made some great coffees but also a lot of terrible ones.  I have learnt that what I really enjoy is darker roasts and so a lot of the capability of the machine is wasted on me.  I mostly enjoy the lever-emulating profiles.  I have also learnt that its about beans, grind and puck prep as much as machine consistency.

Also that I love the Romance of big shiny machines with knobs and handles rather than the precision and convenience of a software driven machine.

What will I miss?  Rapid heat up times are 10/10 amazing coming from any other machine.  Plus the occasional along from a lighter roast - despite my daily darker espresso preference, the best cup of coffee I have ever had was a 5:1 pull from a Gesha (El Vacation from Colonna).

What will I get next -  a big lever, probably plumbed for silence.  Will I regret it?  Maybe.

Price wise, I am aware that only top end Pro models are currently available, and that John Buckman expects prices to rise further when the De1+ is for sale again.  In the USA on Diaspora machines less than a year old have been going for list price currently.  

I am asking £2450.  I prefer local collection from London but I of course have the suitcase plus the original Shipping box and so can ship, fully insured, within the UK, at whatever DHL etc charge for home-to-home.  If its slow to sell and home visits become legal I am more than happy for potential buyers to have a look at it in action

Will post pictures later but you know what it looks like I guess!

• Like 1

Im SW11

I’m not sure what the etiquette is next but I’m happy for you to DM me

Thanks

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, TomR said:

Im SW11

I’m not sure what the etiquette is next but I’m happy for you to DM me

Thanks

You should have read the rules...the etiquette is for you to respond on open form accepting the first firm offer you have had for purchase. Only then should you move to DM.

The first firm unconditional offer you have had is from @catpuccino

Edited by DavecUK

Nothing here...

Well when I said "I'm interested" I thought it was clear I meant I would take it, the question before was just a question.

The post after mine literally has an "if" clause, so I guess it's conditional to the sale ("my" sale) falling through?

• Like 2

I too clearly read the above exchange as first serious offer from stanissari, with cappuccino clearly agreeing they are second in the queue based on the content of their post.

"I am interested at asking price " is clearly an offer to purchase couched in casual language 

do any of the interested parties or spectators disagree?

This is why we need the new classified system ASAP. I've said what I think and who I believe made the firm offer.

@catpuccino offer does say if the sale falls through, indicating his belief an offer had been made.

Hopefully the 3 of you can sort it out amicably.

Nothing here...

14 hours ago, stassinari said:

I am interested at asking price, btw

'interested' is not unequivocal. You should have framed your response without ambiguity. 

That said - sadly @catpuccino opened the door for you as he acknowledged his offer was conditional on the sale to @stassinari falling though

13 hours ago, catpuccino said:

If sale falls through I'll take at asking price. 

If stassinari confirms his intention to buy unequivocally - sale should go to him. 

• Like 1

Norėčiau juodos kavos

Just now, filthynines said:

I have to say that I also disagree with this. Catpuccino’s intention was different: to buy it in the event that no other sale took place before a sale to him.

But now I probably do transgress, so I also accept this post may be removed.

It's not about post removal. I think it's reached a state now where only the 3 people directly involved can decide the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Nothing here...

1 minute ago, stassinari said:

I totally, unequivocally, cross-my-heart, swear-on-my-grandparents-grave that I'll take the machine at asking price.

Finally👍

Norėčiau juodos kavos

Sanity on a forum full of people who spend thousands of pounds to brew a £3 cup of coffee? Ship done sailed on that. 

• Like 2

Coffee. Because murder is wrong. 

Oh, many replies! I have no problem with this, I see the issue and the need to be clear when expressing intent, but irrespective of my own reply I think it would be uncharitable to say @stassinari wasn't looking to signal they wanted to accept the seller's terms. To be clear - I believed the item to be sold when I replied. 

Happy DE1ing everyone. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo