So the update is, that page wasn’t supposed to be live yet, the price is yet to be confirmed but it will be more than the P64 due to the cost of larger burrs and overall size. The Launch is (soon). So not much more news unfortunately. 

Personally I am very excited for it and can’t wait for more information!

• Like 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is always gonna be someone or some company implying that there product is better.  Buy grinder, enjoy coffee , leave forum . Path to zen purchasing .  My best guess is It will be at least

@Mrboots2u What I do know, releasing that web page accidentally was....  

Update from Option-O I exchanged emails with Sam from Option-O concerning any delays expected to the mid-May deliveries.  It turns out that the issue with PCB boards that caused delay to the M

Posted Images

They’ve removed it from their site. Probably too many people trying to change from the p64 to the p100 😆 

19 minutes ago, Karka said:

They’ve removed it from their site. Probably too many people trying to change from the p64 to the p100 😆 

I imagine they got a lot of flack, trouble is it can't be unseen now.....If I had the money and had a P64 on order, I think I'd be very tempted to cancel and wait....I suspect a lot of people may have already done that.

Of course, the P64 "probably" does just as good a job for most people..."probably"

• Like 1

I like toffee.....but try and talk sense when you're chewing it!

13 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I imagine they got a lot of flack, trouble is it can't be unseen now.....If I had the money and had a P64 on order, I think I'd be very tempted to cancel and wait....I suspect a lot of people may have already done that.

Of course, the P64 "probably" does just as good a job for most people..."probably"

That’s the thing @DavecUK, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t get any extra benefit out of the 100 compared to the 64. Just that thing in my head telling me that there is a better one out there 😆

what I’m more concerned with is the price bracket. If it’s not a huge price gap between the two I would be disappointed. Also it makes me wonder whether the price of the p64 will come down. That’s the problem with a company selling their products as pre order. Makes it very hard to release new products without causing a problem. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I am one of those souls with a P64 on order, I am at a little bit of an in decision. However there is one thing, the other half gave her sign of approval at the aesthetic and size of the p64. She doesn’t drink coffee so it has to look good too 😄. I did look at the Niche and other cheaper options but none looked nice enough! We are about to do a huge house renovation soon so it’s gotta match the kitchen.

When I talk about getting a new coffee machine it has to look good as well, fortunately I am very lucky she only likes the look of the Linea Mini or the Eagle One.....

I would be overjoyed with an Elizabeth at this stage of my Espresso making career! But I am honing my skills on the Sage BE until the Eagle one gets signed off hahaha.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Karka said:

That’s the thing @DavecUK, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t get any extra benefit out of the 100 compared to the 64. Just that thing in my head telling me that there is a better one out there 😆

what I’m more concerned with is the price bracket. If it’s not a huge price gap between the two I would be disappointed. Also it makes me wonder whether the price of the p64 will come down. That’s the problem with a company selling their products as pre order. Makes it very hard to release new products without causing a problem. 

There is always gonna be someone or some company implying that there product is better. 
Buy grinder, enjoy coffee , leave forum . Path to zen purchasing . 

My best guess is It will be at least £1000 more .to make it worth while and I I think that’s being conservative . Otherwise I can’t see where any margin will. Be with the associated costs of burrs and carrier and R and D . they know  and the price it needs to be and what they market will already hold. 

if it is a huge price difference between the two then again I think it won’t impact on the p64 , another £1000 is a lot of cash for example. Any although people clamour for the Monolith i dont think the market will expand as another big grinder is relaxed it will just cannabis’s itself . 

Edited by Mrboots2u
  • Like 3

@Mrboots2u What I do know, releasing that web page accidentally was....

Bill Gates Oops GIF by CBS News

• Like 3

I like toffee.....but try and talk sense when you're chewing it!

Realistically I know that @Mrboots2uis right. There is always going to be something “new” around the corner. I would love this new 98mm burr monster but common sense tells me that 

a) I don’t have the space in my existing coffee corner. It is truly tiny. 
b) I would not spend that much on a grinder for home at this point in my coffee journey. If it comes in below £2500 I will be shocked. 
c) There is no way on god’s little green earth I would get approval from the home accounts department for the purchase. 

If Option O’s claim that the P-64 punches above its weight in terms of burr size I will be satisfied with the P-64.   If it is so much marketing eyewash and I have paid all that extra dosh just to get single dosing in a better looking container than the Solo, well I shall not be best pleased. 

Coffee. Because murder is wrong. 

9 hours ago, Karka said:

@Karka given the above, why not opt for the Monolith Max, Levercraft Ultra or Weber EG-1? If like me it’s money, the P-100 is unlikely to make much difference. I’m sure it will be the most keenly priced of the monster burr grinders but it will certainly be too rich for my blood. 

• Like 1

@DavecUK I am sure you are right. The Solo just does not “sing to me” for a number of reasons, so I would not be happy with it. For now I’m like a like a child counting the sleeps until Xmas, or mid-May in my case. 

• Like 2

The P-100 is interesting because it does claim to improve on some things compared to the competition. The big one for me would be workflow, if the smart purge on the P-100 doesn't require a bellows, or brushing the chute or a bean knocker and blind basket to reach retention levels similar to the other big three grinders that would be great. Also the 'permanent alignment' they mention is interesting so that it can be deep cleaned without realignment being needed.

I think the main focus is on availability and price in comparison to the competition, it will be interesting to see if they can scale up production especially with all of the hints towards its commercial uses

Well for a fellow Lagom P64 pre-orderer I hope the P64 is going to be the prettier out the two!

But no way can I imagine the P100 to not be at a competitive price with other 98mm grinders, so I'm happy with my P64 for now.

The only thing that would sway me would be if they had a version in white. Although I'm very tempted to power coat my P64 - such a shame they didn't offer a white model alongside the black and silver. I have an all-white setup so the silver will bug me a little bit.

I have had a little update on the p100 probably July/August launch!

On another note don’t know why I am ordering a p64 somehow just managed to pull a near perfect shot (for my tastes) on my BE... must of been a fluke.

• Like 2
On 26/03/2021 at 14:59, THR_Crema said:

Amazing news on the order and both burr sets - seems most people are thinking the same when it comes to ordering both. 

I’m trying to do the same re delivery. Does anyone know if it’s air delivery or by sea? I’m sure it will be clear by May/June but wasn’t sure if the Suez Canal problem will have an impact.

@THR_Crema When the time comes, unless they get greedy I will be opting for the express air delivery. I will have been waiting far too long for my new toy to wait the extra week that the non-express delivery entails. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they have resolved the issue with the PCB boards that delayed the March delivery?