7 hours ago, THR_Crema said:

Hi all, how is everyone getting on with their Lagom?

Still no sign of mine yet - currently on day 11 of waiting with the DPD app now removing my parcel details (like others had).

Emailed Option-O asking if they could provide tracking information of the company delivering to the U.K. and got a crap response not answering the actual question - just told me it was DPD and it will update when it’s arrived in the U.K.

I normally don’t mind waiting for things but this whole process has started causing me some annoyance now.

That sucks, I’m gutted for you! You’ll forget all about it once it arrives and your using it.

Im still loving mine, filter is amazing and I can get some really good shots of espresso but I am still struggling with consistency from the Sage BE. Once you’ve paired it up the the Eagle you’ll be in coffee heaven.

I can’t wait to try and run some ultra light roasted coffee through from Mabo.

Looking forward to having the house done so I can justify the Eagle.

• Like 1

Static is not an issue for me now with this grinder. I ran a batch brew through with no RDT, same again about lunch made myself a lovely flat white no RDT both times no static issues on the grinder, none to note in the way of retention, possibly .1 of a gram. If I am picky there was a little in the batch brew dosing cup but such a small amount.

This grinder is more than competent at going between the two methods. I was getting nice fruity notes from the batch brew. The espresso tasted pretty much like the one I had in kaffine with the same beans. 

Very happy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It’s arrived 😁 Had the email this morning from DPD so only had a long wait at work to finish. Wow just wow - the black finish is brilliant and initial thoughts are good.

503CFDC8-0152-4F7B-9C34-E50E1C08742E.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Which burrs did you go for? 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

What's the consensus on paying $250 for the duties prepaid? I've seen mentions of them declaring a lower value so maybe the VAT + duties would be less than $250?

On 02/07/2021 at 18:30, THR_Crema said:

It’s arrived 😁 Had the email this morning from DPD so only had a long wait at work to finish. Wow just wow - the black finish is brilliant and initial thoughts are good.

503CFDC8-0152-4F7B-9C34-E50E1C08742E.jpeg

Awesome 😎 how are you finding it?

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 16:38, GlenW said:

What's the consensus on paying $250 for the duties prepaid? I've seen mentions of them declaring a lower value so maybe the VAT + duties would be less than $250?

That was the only option I had - It took about 17 days to arrive with no hassle and DPD are consistently good with deliveries.

14 minutes ago, KaffineNovice said:

Awesome 😎 how are you finding it?

Wow 🤩 Sums it up! I’m finally on a few days off so I’ll be spending some time playing with it but initial impressions are good. The flavours, using some beans I’ve had before, are bolder and more noticeable.

Not sure I personally need any bigger burrs as these SSP HU burrs are already delivering. Still enjoying yours?

• 3 weeks later...

First time just checking the burrs condition and giving things a light clean - very little retention indeed.

I’m still waiting for information on my second set of burrs, told they would b posted separately, has anyone heard anything from Option-O?

F832D8B5-D174-46C2-B62F-3529F52FAB45.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 30/07/2021 at 23:00, THR_Crema said:

First time just checking the burrs condition and giving things a light clean - very little retention indeed.

I’m still waiting for information on my second set of burrs, told they would b posted separately, has anyone heard anything from Option-O?

F832D8B5-D174-46C2-B62F-3529F52FAB45.jpeg

I got mine in the post the other day yet to fit and compare them! Still loving the grinder just need to get the sage upgraded to the Eagle One!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So just to add the service by option-o has been legendary. I tried to change my burrs but a screw in the top carrier was stuck. I spoke to them and they told me to use force and if there was an issue they would replace the top burr carrier. Popped it in a vice and turns out the screw was stripped and the hole wasn’t quite right. Sent some photos and within 1 week a new carrier arrived!! Great fast communication the whole time.

I’m about to try the different burrs out. 😊

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KaffineNovice said:

So just to add the service by option-o has been legendary. I tried to change my burrs but a screw in the top carrier was stuck. I spoke to them and they told me to use force and if there was an issue they would replace the top burr carrier. Popped it in a vice and turns out the screw was stripped and the hole wasn’t quite right. Sent some photos and within 1 week a new carrier arrived!! Great fast communication the whole time.

I’m about to try the different burrs out. 😊

Wow - that’s good to hear. Which burrs you swapping to?