24 minutes ago, KaffineNovice said:

Messaged Option-O they said it’s a mistake and to pay the fees then they will refund me. Can’t wait!

That’s good they will refund. The race is on then UPS vs DPD 😆 

On 18/06/2021 at 13:56, THR_Crema said:

Nice 👍

It’s estimated delivery between 12:30 and 16:30 now today. It left my local UPS depo at 7:30 this morning. It’s coming home 😁

Edited by KaffineNovice
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, KaffineNovice said:

It’s estimated delivery between 12:30 and 16:30 now today. It left my local UPS depo at 7:30 this morning. It’s coming home 😁

Amazing!!! Fingers crossed 🤞 

1 hour ago, KaffineNovice said:

Any update on your tracker? Fingers crossed for yours too!

Nothing yet - DPD only provide details when it’s in the U.K. hopefully not too long to wait now.

Just now, THR_Crema said:

Wow 🤩 Looks amazing! Happy? Which burrs are fitted?

Very I’ve only had time to make a Chemex pretty impressed tastes amazing. Very little static I did use the RDT tool and gave them a little spritz. It’s quiet and I really enjoyed the workflow / experience. Used the quick start guide as a basepoint speed 3 and -6 from the zero point.

I went for the SSP Unimodal. The SSP high uniformity will be delivered once OPTION-O get hold of them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KaffineNovice said:

Very I’ve only had time to make a Chemex pretty impressed tastes amazing. Very little static I did use the RDT tool and gave them a little spritz. It’s quiet and I really enjoyed the workflow / experience. Used the quick start guide as a basepoint speed 3 and -6 from the zero point.

I went for the SSP Unimodal. The SSP high uniformity will be delivered once OPTION-O get hold of them.

No chaff bomb? I imagine you are grinding pretty coarse for Chemex.

Are you intending on using the grinder for both filter and espresso? It would be great to know your thoughts as there's definitely a tilt towards espresso in everything I've read with respect to endgame grinders.

PMA all day!

1 hour ago, Kjk said:

No chaff bomb? I imagine you are grinding pretty coarse for Chemex.

Are you intending on using the grinder for both filter and espresso? It would be great to know your thoughts as there's definitely a tilt towards espresso in everything I've read with respect to endgame grinders.

So from my first chemex (trying not to get too caffeinated whilst sampling ahh) there was a fair bit of chaff visible in the grind (I’ll take a picture later) but it wasn’t static and didn’t make a mess.

I am planning on using it for both filter and espresso, I like a chemex in the morning as I have an ottomatic so I can sleepily make a pretty good coffee in the morning. Once awake I move onto espressos / flat whites.

So I’ll be switching between the two! I have some coffee collective and Obadiah to go through :)

First impressions very happy with both filter and espresso results and tasty coffee!

Edited by KaffineNovice
  • Like 2

So my update from the first few days of use :) 

General Workflow:

1. Turn grinder on and adjust motor speed and grind setting to desired location and turn off.
  2. Weigh out beans in to the appropriate cup and give em a little spritz
  3. Load up the bean chute and turn the grinder on, whilst holding the dosing up as close to the exit chute as possible
  4. Once the main grind has completed give the bean chute a few taps with the flat of my palm to sorta create a vacuum and get rid of any excess in the grinder.
  5. Turn off and put grinds into Chemex or porta filter. 

Niggles

• It is a little messy, maybe it is static but no matter what I do I always have to give the side and grinder a little wipe after use to clear up some grounds. When grinding I tend to hold the thing I am grinding into rather than use the pitch forks, i do this to reduce mess. Not to much of an issue as it is minimal, I could let it build up and do a daily wipe but I try to stay on top of things seen as she is so pretty :D 
  • This is more my workflow issue but I have a dosing cup to fit my 53mm Sage BE (will be upgrading soon),  plus the ketchup cup that comes with it that I weigh into, plus the main dosing cup that comes with the grinder. The issue is the ketchup cup that comes with it is not big enough to hold my brew dose (28g) so I have to use my sage cup and the main dosing cup for batch, then the ketchup cup and my sage dosing cup for espresso. Just more stuff and accessories to find homes / side space for :D And more mental gymnastics to work out which cups I need to use per thing.
  • Maybe I am over spritzing but sometimes a bean will be stuck on the safety plate and I have to give it a nudge to fall into the grinder! 

Things I love:

• Looks fantastic
  • Repeatable results I can go between my brew grind settings and my espresso settings without fear or having to grind that little bit extra before.
  • Easier to dial in the espresso than using the inbuilt grinder on the sage, I can fine tune the setting rather than some large step that I have to choose between on the sage.
  • Coffee taste is superb, I am picking out the notes more easy, for example I am sure my last chemex I was drinking hot apple juice not coffee!

Overall : 

Very happy, really enjoying the grinder I was a little concerned that the RDT step would be a bit much for me and I would find it a chore but I quite enjoy giving the beans a little spritz and a shake. Feels like something that is built to last. 

At some point soon I will be doing a Niche Zero, Lagom side my side, my fiance's brother has a Niche and said he'd bring it round at some point for us to compare :) 

C2FAC584-C7DD-4FBD-B1A5-51C1EA1B3F65.jpeg

5486C777-69A9-4A03-872B-D61FD814D5FF.jpeg

B4F7CF29-A90B-4A2E-A23F-2A738B70C466.jpeg

Edited by KaffineNovice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, KaffineNovice said:

So my update from the first few days of use :) 

General Workflow:

1. Turn grinder on and adjust motor speed and grind setting to desired location and turn off.
  2. Weigh out beans in to the appropriate cup and give em a little spritz
  3. Load up the bean chute and turn the grinder on, whilst holding the dosing up as close to the exit chute as possible
  4. Once the main grind has completed give the bean chute a few taps with the flat of my palm to sorta create a vacuum and get rid of any excess in the grinder.
  5. Turn off and put grinds into Chemex or porta filter. 

Niggles

• It is a little messy, maybe it is static but no matter what I do I always have to give the side and grinder a little wipe after use to clear up some grounds. When grinding I tend to hold the thing I am grinding into rather than use the pitch forks, i do this to reduce mess. Not to much of an issue as it is minimal, I could let it build up and do a daily wipe but I try to stay on top of things seen as she is so pretty :D 
  • This is more my workflow issue but I have a dosing cup to fit my 53mm Sage BE (will be upgrading soon),  plus the ketchup cup that comes with it that I weigh into, plus the main dosing cup that comes with the grinder. The issue is the ketchup cup that comes with it is not big enough to hold my brew dose (28g) so I have to use my sage cup and the main dosing cup for batch, then the ketchup cup and my sage dosing cup for espresso. Just more stuff and accessories to find homes / side space for :D And more mental gymnastics to work out which cups I need to use per thing.
  • Maybe I am over spritzing but sometimes a bean will be stuck on the safety plate and I have to give it a nudge to fall into the grinder! 

Things I love:

• Looks fantastic
  • Repeatable results I can go between my brew grind settings and my espresso settings without fear or having to grind that little bit extra before.
  • Easier to dial in the espresso than using the inbuilt grinder on the sage, I can fine tune the setting rather than some large step that I have to choose between on the sage.
  • Coffee taste is superb, I am picking out the notes more easy, for example I am sure my last chemex I was drinking hot apple juice not coffee!

Overall : 

Very happy, really enjoying the grinder I was a little concerned that the RDT step would be a bit much for me and I would find it a chore but I quite enjoy giving the beans a little spritz and a shake. Feels like something that is built to last. 

At some point soon I will be doing a Niche Zero, Lagom side my side, my fiance's brother has a Niche and said he'd bring it round at some point for us to compare :) 

C2FAC584-C7DD-4FBD-B1A5-51C1EA1B3F65.jpeg

5486C777-69A9-4A03-872B-D61FD814D5FF.jpeg

B4F7CF29-A90B-4A2E-A23F-2A738B70C466.jpeg

Thanks for the update - it’s all sounding positive. How’s everyone else finding theirs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, how is everyone getting on with their Lagom?

Still no sign of mine yet - currently on day 11 of waiting with the DPD app now removing my parcel details (like others had).

Emailed Option-O asking if they could provide tracking information of the company delivering to the U.K. and got a crap response not answering the actual question - just told me it was DPD and it will update when it’s arrived in the U.K.

I normally don’t mind waiting for things but this whole process has started causing me some annoyance now.

• Like 1