I got mine a week ago with the unimodal burrs and cosmetically its perfect except my power and rpm switch are reversed (lefty friendly). First impressions that stand out, the grounds are really fluffy and overflow my portafilter basket. With WDT, and light tapping i can get everything in before I level and tamp. I am grinding 0.8 from chirp, and shots are running about 27 sec with a 1:2.5 ratio.

• Like 1
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a quick play with it and used a few shots of some crap beans to get it close to where it needs to be before using my proper beans.    Initially I was confused as the Hoff grinder review sug

It arrived this morning! Haven't had time to test it out yet, had some dough to make. Hopefully this afternoon I can crack into it. 

@Mrboots2u What I do know, releasing that web page accidentally was....  

Posted Images

On 07/06/2021 at 20:41, Luca06 said:

Sometimes it's better not knowing the status and being pleasantly surprised when it's there 😉.

Mine is silver and has the HU burrs.

First impression is positive and had my first cups today. I am still experimenting. The dosing cup seem to have changed a bit and is a strange bulky thing. The ketchup cup immediately stings out negatively in terms of quality. The 0 point is marked by stickers, which e.g. the Niche has solved a bit more elegantly. The rubber ring seem not needed anymore as it's not included and works fine without.

Furthermore I noticed that grind settings changes only require a minor adjustment, otherwise you are way out. Mine is close to the 0 point (or at least where they put the sticker)

So far the first optical impressions I noticed immediately after unboxing. Looking forward hearing impressions from other users!

That’s amazing ahh so excited, it’s all going to be worth the wait!

Latest update from Option-O:

‘’Hello,

We just wanted to give you a quick update regarding your Lagom P64. 

We've been working continuously in building the Lagom P64s and dispatching them as they are ready. Unfortunately the build progress has been a little slower than we anticipated and we hit a small snag - the remaining SSP burrs that we had were too small in dimension, and didn't fit our carrier. We had remachined some carriers to attempt as a workaround, but found that remachining the carrier affects the alignment so that's unfortunately no-go.

Fortunately, we should be receiving additional SSP burrs within the next few days and we will be able to resume building the Lagom P64 next week. We are really sorry for both the delay and lack of updates.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding - we are fully aware this hasn't been a smooth run but hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Regards
Hayden’’
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, THR_Crema said:

Latest update from Option-O:

‘’Hello,

We just wanted to give you a quick update regarding your Lagom P64. 

We've been working continuously in building the Lagom P64s and dispatching them as they are ready. Unfortunately the build progress has been a little slower than we anticipated and we hit a small snag - the remaining SSP burrs that we had were too small in dimension, and didn't fit our carrier. We had remachined some carriers to attempt as a workaround, but found that remachining the carrier affects the alignment so that's unfortunately no-go.

Fortunately, we should be receiving additional SSP burrs within the next few days and we will be able to resume building the Lagom P64 next week. We are really sorry for both the delay and lack of updates.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding - we are fully aware this hasn't been a smooth run but hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Regards
Hayden’’

Sadly I had the same email as well! Fingers crossed 🤞 it will get better soon!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, heytchap said:

Still want more opinions/insight from peoples RPM settings pls & thx. 

I’ve been running it at about 6 for espresso and 2 for cold brew coffee. Seems to work well for me. 

6 minutes ago, heytchap said:

How did you settle on these values?

Luck! I think I read in the manual that 2-4 is better for coarser grinds and 4-8 for finer. Don’t quote me on those numbers but it was something like that. I set it there and my coffee has been great, so I haven’t bothered to tinker with it. 

@notsim what burr rpm do the numbers equate to?

I don’t like – Sticks and Stones, beans that are sour, green…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until you roast them, then they scream out at you in the cooling tray, pick em out and flick them in the bin.. Lifes too short for bad coffee!

@Karka excellent, thank you

• Like 1

I don’t like – Sticks and Stones, beans that are sour, green…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until you roast them, then they scream out at you in the cooling tray, pick em out and flick them in the bin.. Lifes too short for bad coffee!

On 16/06/2021 at 04:13, heytchap said:

Still want more opinions/insight from peoples RPM settings pls & thx. 

New user (early May), HU burrs. For espresso, I have currently settled on rpm #7 and 4 marks from zero-point, using medium roast Ethiopia beans. 

I hope to hear from others on their HU burr settings for espresso and for moka pot. Tia. 

• Like 1
On 15/06/2021 at 23:00, notsim said:

running at 5 for espresso with the unimodal burrs.

How long does it take to grind 18g for espresso at speed 5?

23 minutes ago, Karka said:

@DaveC circa  20-21 seconds 

That's very good for 800 rpm

So today I’ve had the DPD app inform me I have a parcel 📦 due tomorrow but they haven’t actually got it yet - sounds similar to other members option-o order

I went on their online chat and all they could confirm was it was a global parcel - makes me believe it’s my Lagom and I haven’t ordered anything else but we shall see. 

How long from this update to receiving the grinder did people have to wait?

9 hours ago, THR_Crema said:

So today I’ve had the DPD app inform me I have a parcel 📦 due tomorrow but they haven’t actually got it yet - sounds similar to other members option-o order

I went on their online chat and all they could confirm was it was a global parcel - makes me believe it’s my Lagom and I haven’t ordered anything else but we shall see. 

How long from this update to receiving the grinder did people have to wait?

Great News,

Intrestingly I had an email from UPS and this morning I had an email from Option-O saying it had been shipped. The only issue is UPS says I need to pay import duties of £54, but I picked the prepay duties option. It says scheduled delivery day on Monday!! Hope yours turns up real quick!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KaffineNovice said:

Great News,

Intrestingly I had an email from UPS and this morning I had an email from Option-O saying it had been shipped. The only issue is UPS says I need to pay import duties of £54, but I picked the prepay duties option. It says scheduled delivery day on Monday!! Hope yours turns up real quick!

Messaged Option-O they said it’s a mistake and to pay the fees then they will refund me. Can’t wait!

• Like 1