Jump to content
IGNORED

Roasting on the Kaffelogic Nano 7


Beeroclock
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Here's a quick (as in I shot it quickly 😂) video - excuse the scruffy lock down appearance - promise to shave today honest! This is just to show how easy it is load load a user contributed profile and run a roast etc.

Cheers Phil

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Halo

They were fine for a natural and on a shortish roast. The idea behind this profile is an extended Maillard phase. I only roasted these yesterday afternoon - I did have a clever dripper of them this morning - which was very drinkable - perhaps not as sweet as I'd like but then that's not what this profile is about. 

I have also just roasted a batch on my bigger roaster - so will do a side by side comparison at the weekend.

Cheers Phil

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting the video Phil...that was just pure ASMR 👏

What gram size were those 2 batches ? .....i luuuuuurved all that data at the end, i loved the fact that there's so many variables to be able to alter/play with (i'd welcome that in-depth-video if you did one)....i may be sold :classic_wink:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rincewind said:

Thanks for posting the video Phil...that was just pure ASMR 👏

What gram size were those 2 batches ? .....i luuuuuurved all that data at the end, i loved the fact that there's so many variables to be able to alter/play with (i'd welcome that in-depth-video if you did one)....i may be sold :classic_wink:

100g batches - but one can do 120..

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, mattpitts74 said:

Hi @Beeroclock just wondering how you are getting on with the Nano? Interested to hear your first hand experences and how the coffee has turned out in the cup?

I actually had some coffee roasted on the Nano 7 by @Beeroclock - it’s great! Also, don’t forget that Phil is an experienced roaster and definitely knows what he’s doing. I never used that roaster, but, if profiles can be shared, and the roaster does a good job in reproducing them (compensating for electricity fluctuations), it’s a winner all around. For what I had, I’d happily buy. But don’t forget roasting is a steep learning curve - it takes a while to understand and master it.

 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thanks  @MediumRoastSteam 😀. @mattpitts74 - I love how easy the Nano 7 is to roast on. Back to back is no problem - no pissing about with gloves etc😉. I’m in the process of learning how to tweak the profiles and this is a learning curve. But as a sample roaster (which I use it for) it’s great. I recently sampled coffees from Olam and Indochina and was able to get a good idea of what the coffee’s  potential were.

I’m hoping to arrange some one to ones with Wayne Burrows - who designed a lot of the core profiles that come with the machine. When I’ve done this I’d like to do a few tutorial videos.

If you’re really interested - I’d be happy to roast some samples for you - just send me a pm. Do you still have your Cormorant?

Cheers Phil

Edited by Beeroclock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Beeroclock said:

Thanks  @MediumRoastSteam 😀. @mattpitts74 - I love how easy the Nano 7 is to roast on. Back to back is no problem - no pissing about with gloves etc😉. I’m in the process of learning how to tweak the profiles and this is a learning curve. But as a sample roaster (which I use it for) it’s great. I recently sampled coffees from Olam and Indochina and was able to get a good idea of what the coffee’s  potential were.

I’m hoping to arrange some one to ones with Wayne Burrows - who designed a lot of the core profiles that come with the machine. When I’ve done this I’d like to do a few tutorial videos.

If you’re really interested - I’d be happy to roast some samples for you - just send me a pm. Do you still have your Cormorant?

Cheers Phil

Hi @Beeroclock thanks for chiming in 🙂  I still have the Cormorant, which has been great fun and I've learnt so much about roasting over the last few years, and from everyone such as yourself sharing their knowledge.  I've always struggled a bit to roast smaller samples on it conistantly so I'm interested in the idea of these smaller roasters and whether they can  roast consistantly with less intervsion compared to something like a Cormorant.   

There seem to be two serious options at the moment the Nano 7 or the Sandbox, which seems to be similar, any thoughts on how these two compare? 

Thanks for the offer of some samples, I'll PM you about this. Cheers Matt 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mattpitts74 said:

 

There seem to be two serious options at the moment the Nano 7 or the Sandbox, which seems to be similar, any thoughts on how these two compare? 

Hi Matt

I think it’s pretty obvious which camp I’m in on that one, but in truth I’ve not used the Sandbox, but I know for a fact that the workflow and subscription model just wouldn’t work for me, as well as other issues I’ve previously mentioned.

Getting meaningful readings below 300g with the stock probe on the Cormorant is tricky, but not impossible. 
 

Cheers Phil

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...