IGNORED

Coronavirus Vaccine

11 minutes ago, Rapid said:

I never thought you were that old mate 😂 :exit:

old man GIF

• Like 1

ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif.e86a9bdd3d8e72977b9f1a858ca5b70d.gif  It's just a game and I beat it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife and I have the appointment scheduled on the 17th March.  We are proud of what the UK has done. Sure, it could have been a bit better as there is always a room for an improvement. The NHS

A friend of mine also had his jab there and felt so good afterwards that he entered and won the 4:45 race. I'll get my coat. 🙄

On 07/03/2021 at 01:15, DavecUK said:

Got home felt fine until 1 am....started to feel cold, really cold, my teeth were chattering, I was shivering and couldn't get warm

Sounds like a caffeine overdose or withdrawal symptoms.😂

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Rapid said:

I never thought you were that old mate 😂 :exit:

Haha, I'm not :D. I left my job in banking and started working for the NHS so being in that environment I was given it early. My age group is still yet to be called I think.

Edited by CocoLoco
  • Like 1

Sage Barista Express.

1 hour ago, CocoLoco said:

Haha, I'm not :D. I left my job in banking and started working for the NHS so being in that environment I was given it early. My age group is still yet to be called I think.

Snap. I left Banking after 32 years and joined NHS England

i have now moved back to finance though working for the Government 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, CocoLoco said:

lol yeah I figured it was job related. ❤️ NHS.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Mark70 said:

Snap. I left Banking after 32 years and joined NHS England

i have now moved back to finance though working for the Government 

I thought of doing the same before the NHS. Two of my brother in laws work in government - Home Office and Foreign office - and they put me in touch with openings in those departments, which then lead to Treasury. The Brexit related civil service trebled over the last couple of years so it was a bit all consuming and it was either picking up slack or working directly on that project. NHS gave me an opportunity not to be in finance, at least for a while so I took it! 

After being in banking so long I actually enjoy the job satisfaction, especially at a time like this. Both my parents worked for the NHS, one sister works for PHE, another for a homeless charity and the other is a teacher. Banking (for a bank) is soulless, my family all made better choices. Wish I'd left sooner.

Sage Barista Express.

2 minutes ago, CocoLoco said:

I thought of doing the same before the NHS. Two of my brother in laws work in government - Home Office and Foreign office - and they put me in touch with openings in those departments, which then lead to Treasury. The Brexit related civil service trebled over the last couple of years so it was a bit all consuming and it was either picking up slack or working directly on that project. NHS gave me an opportunity not to be in finance, at least for a while so I took it! 

After being in banking so long I actually enjoy the job satisfaction, especially at a time like this. Both my parents worked for the NHS, one sister works for PHE, another for a homeless charity and the other is a teacher. Banking (for a bank) is soulless, my family all made better choices. Wish I'd left sooner.

I completely agree re banking   I left two year too late  In my new role I actually believe we are doing good and supporting small firms get finance not putting barriers in the way 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CocoLoco said:

I know the feeling. I work in Oil, but do a semi-voluntary role in a patient facing position in mental health for the NHS. It's nice to feel one is doing something actually useful, or at least trying to (the patients are usually very unwell, so its an uphill struggle). A handy side effect is that I'm getting my second dose of the Pfizer vac next week. Minor side effects to the first one. Felt a bit grim for a day or so.  

• Like 1

My wife and I had the AZ first dose last evening. The Vaccine roll out by NHS is amazing. It was very fast, efficient and pretty smooth. We spent 15 mins max from start to finish. All good  as if now. 

• Like 1

Age doesn’t define maturity. Some people will never grow up! 

On 07/03/2021 at 01:15, DavecUK said:

Friday I went for my 1st coronavirus vaccine at 4 pm...In a manly way I strode in, took a needle in the arm didn't wince, ignored all the warnings about the possible side effect as you do (yeah yeah yeah ringing in my head). Sat down for the obligatory 5 minutes, then 10 more in my car before driving off...All as instructed.

Got home felt fine until 1 am....started to feel cold, really cold, my teeth were chattering, I was shivering and couldn't get warm. Got into bed, still couldn't get warm, was awake until 5:30 am, when I finally stopped shivering but was still cold. The next day I felt like crap all day, even had a headache for a while (I normally never get headaches). I have never had such a reaction to a vaccination...

This tells me one thing, I certainly got my moneys worth, and it must be doing something. Can't wait for my second jab.

I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Exact same here Dave. I couldn't get warm and had to sleep in a thick hoody despite it being 22 degrees in the room. Teeth chattering and goosebumps all over my body. I got up at 5 am for some paracetamol to help me sleep and i fainted wiping out everything on the worktop ( just missed the MaraX and Mignon haha ) 

I am type 1 diabetic which might not have helped but i see it as a necessary evil and i look forward to life hopefully returning to normal this year.

@JamesMac I've since heard amongst some people I know that they, or their partners have had the exact same reaction. I seems I wasn't "special". 🤣

ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif.e86a9bdd3d8e72977b9f1a858ca5b70d.gif  It's just a game and I beat it.

2 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

@JamesMac I've since heard amongst some people I know that they, or their partners have had the exact same reaction. I seems I wasn't "special". 🤣

I'm glad it wasn't just me, I think they assumed I was being a bit of a jessie as many others in local area had just a minor headache. At least we know its doing something if it knocked us for 6 haha

As mentioned before, no pain, no reaction. But my daughter just had hers with 2 days of headache, no sleep and aches etc' - she must take after her mum ;)

All  of those symptoms that you describe and then some are what I had when I got my Flu Jab last year, So debilitating that after a week I was starting to wonder if it was covid. 

Fast forward to the middle of February and my covid jab was a total non-event. No sign of any side effects at all

Edited by grumpydaddy

I also do 

https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=596475 Letting the idle processors on phone and PC help humanity

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vesuvius/ Even though I have a lever