IGNORED

Coronavirus Vaccine

@DavecUK hope you are feeling better, i read an article (which has been picked up in a few places) which suggests you are more likely to get a severe reaction like this if you actually had covid at some point in the last year - anecdotally friends of mine (mostly in the US) who have already been vaccinated seem to be able to correlate this.
Still it just a single piece of research.

That’s interesting as one of the friends who did react to the Pfizer vaccine tested positive for Covid last year.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife and I have the appointment scheduled on the 17th March.  We are proud of what the UK has done. Sure, it could have been a bit better as there is always a room for an improvement. The NHS

A friend of mine also had his jab there and felt so good afterwards that he entered and won the 4:45 race. I'll get my coat. 🙄

2 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

@jonr2  I seem to be fine now, but felt like crap for a short time. Better than getting Coronavirus though. I am also pretty sure I never had the Virus, my mother was in the extremely high risk group and as I was caring for her, I couldn't risk it. I have effectively been locked down since March 2020.

i think it was something like 3 times more likely to have symptoms if you had covid anti-bodies so not a completely strict split (i.e. still 25% of people with a reaction would not  have had covid).

like you say - the main things are you are feeling better now and you should be protected going forward 🙂

I had my vaccine about 3 weeks ago the AZ because I am in the extremely clinically vulnerable group.  I have tiredness for a few days nothing else.  Second dose end April.  The sense of elation was massive having lived with this for a year, the stress every time I went out.  We lost my brother in law to this virus age 55 with no existing health conditions last April.  My nephew is a junior doctor in A&E and lost his grandad to this.  He put a plea out on Facebook for everyone to follow the rules.  My sister in law who works in theatre who broke down saying she could not take anymore 

political bit removed

Edited by DavecUK
Politics
9 minutes ago, Mark70 said:

I had my vaccine about 3 weeks ago the AZ because I am in the extremely clinically vulnerable group.  I have tiredness for a few days nothing else.  Second dose end April.  The sense of elation was massive having lived with this for a year, the stress every time I went out.  We lost my brother in law to this virus age 55 with no existing health conditions last April.  My nephew is a junior doctor in A&E and lost his grandad to this.  He put a plea out on Facebook for everyone to follow the rules.  My sister in law who works in theatre who broke down saying she could not take anymore 

political bit removed

Sorry to hear your family tragedies Mark. TC!!!

• Thanks 1

“Whatever you are, be a good one.” - Abraham Lincoln

19 minutes ago, Like Medium Strong Coffee said:

Sorry to hear your family tragedies Mark. TC!!!

Same here, certainly puts everything into perspective.

Regards.

Keith.

• Like 2

The AZ vaccine has provoked a higher number of reactions and of increased severity and Barts Health have initiated a study in conjunction with AZ/Oxford. I haven't checked in with it since the start, but an initial hypothesis was that a more severe reaction was seen in those that had previously had Covid without knowing it earlier in the pandemic.

I had the AZ one with no symptoms aside from a sore arm fortunately but many I have heard from had it far worse. Several of my colleagues (we had it at the same time) were off work.

AZ here, never felt it and no side affects, apart from a slight soreness around the injected site, lasted till the next day.

I'm either very lucky or have a high threshold for drugs thanks to my 1960's experimenting ;) 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, DavecUK said:

I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

You can report adverse reactions to any medication and specifically the for the vaccines

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

This site

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

also reports number of adverse reactions is typically above 1 in 10 and includes the number of deaths reported, sadly 460 mostly elderly people or people with underlying illness.

I meant to add I'm in no rush to have it.   Plenty of others who need it more than I - one of the advantages of having 9 lives.

Edited by Agentb

Mum & Hubby (older generation several weeks ago - reported no side effects )Both Pfizer???)
Sister 1st jab Oxford/AZ week/2 ago - no side effects
Her other 1/2 had Pfizer similar time - no side effects
MrsD yesterday O/AZ - bit of a headache and a bit cold/shivery yesterday evening. Bit of a sore arm today.
I'm booked next Sunday...

I've had my first AZ vaccination on Wednesday (I'm 41, but a carer), Thursday I felt every single bone in my body and had terrible earache, Friday the same just milder, yesterday I was fine again. And i do feel very fortunate, especially as the children go back to school next week.

I had my first jab a couple of weeks ago (Pfizer) - the complete absence of side effects did make me wonder (briefly and jokingly) if I’d been given a placebo. 
Mrs O had her first jab last week (Oxford) and felt queasy overnight - aches and shivers etc - but fine thereafter. Neither of us think we’ve had it, we’ve both been tested a few times over recent months - live at home son works in a front line care role. 

Regards,
John

10 hours ago, Stox said:

If you're 56 or over (group 8?) you can book your vaccination now via the NHS website without waiting for a letter from the NHS or your GP. 

Unless you live in Wales, tried it only valid in England,  think we are still on group 6

On 07/03/2021 at 01:15, DavecUK said:

had the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Me too. Crap the day after, bit lethargic after that and the thought i was over it. :) Woke up 2 1/2 weeks later and knew I really was over it.

Similar for my wife but she realised she was feeling off for longer.

I had the Pfizer 3 weeks ago, just a sore arm for a couple of days. My Wife had the AZ last week and was quite poorly for 3 days. By comparison my 93 year old mother in law had the Pfizer in December and early January. No problems at all ! Just wondering my  second jab could be different to the first one?

11 minutes ago, Rapid said:

I never thought you were that old mate 😂 :exit:

old man GIF

• Like 1

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

On 07/03/2021 at 01:15, DavecUK said:

Got home felt fine until 1 am....started to feel cold, really cold, my teeth were chattering, I was shivering and couldn't get warm

Sounds like a caffeine overdose or withdrawal symptoms.😂

• Like 3