IGNORED

Coronavirus Vaccine

Friday I went for my 1st coronavirus vaccine at 4 pm...In a manly way I strode in, took a needle in the arm didn't wince, ignored all the warnings about the possible side effect as you do (yeah yeah yeah ringing in my head). Sat down for the obligatory 5 minutes, then 10 more in my car before driving off...All as instructed.

Got home felt fine until 1 am....started to feel cold, really cold, my teeth were chattering, I was shivering and couldn't get warm. Got into bed, still couldn't get warm, was awake until 5:30 am, when I finally stopped shivering but was still cold. The next day I felt like crap all day, even had a headache for a while (I normally never get headaches). I have never had such a reaction to a vaccination...

This tells me one thing, I certainly got my moneys worth, and it must be doing something. Can't wait for my second jab.

I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

• Like 3

ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif.e86a9bdd3d8e72977b9f1a858ca5b70d.gif  It's just a game and I beat it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife and I have the appointment scheduled on the 17th March.  We are proud of what the UK has done. Sure, it could have been a bit better as there is always a room for an improvement. The NHS

A friend of mine also had his jab there and felt so good afterwards that he entered and won the 4:45 race. I'll get my coat. 🙄

I know many who have had the AstraZeneca vaccine and experienced similar if not worse side effects, lasting a number of days.

Those I know who have had the Pfizer vaccine seem to have limited side effects, if any.

Luck of the draw really. 

The side effects are not ideal but at least you will have a degree of protection, which is great! So congrats 😄

I had the Pfizer and a sore arm the day afterwards were the only side effects.

My 90 year old Mother had the Oxford and no side effects whatsoever. She didn't even know she had been given the injection! (I was present in the house and was watching closely as she's disabled and housebound)

The guy who injected me was a bit of a butcher as the needle hurt somewhat and I've had plenty of shots for comparisons. 

I'm afraid of injections since I was a kid so I'm dreading the day I'll be called in equal measure as I am eager for it. 

My s.o. works for the NHS so had both injections already, and twice she experienced side effects (Pfizer), very similar to what Dave experienced, felt very cold, tired, and then hot overnight. Nothing too bad, but she definitely struggled doing her work the next day, I even caught her briefly napping. 

Edited by Baffo

I reckon it must be my supercharged immune system with it's super powerful response.

GIF by Alaska Milk

• Like 2

ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif.e86a9bdd3d8e72977b9f1a858ca5b70d.gif  It's just a game and I beat it.

I had the AZ vaccine with what I consider mild side effects. Just a banging headache and a general feeling of blehness for 3 days post vaccination. I would be totally open to the suggestion that my symptoms were psychosomatic as my in-laws had similar side effects and I never get side effects from the annual flu vaccination. 

Coffee. Because sarcastic humour is wrong. 

A 57 year old male,  currently living in South Eastern Spain with my wife and have been since October 2019. No idea of when we will be called to get the jab. Initially booked a return to the UK for a visit in late June though have now amended our journey till late September. However may have to reschedule as I cannot envisage the call for the vaccine till after that time.

And just to add to this thread, I had my first jab on New Years Eve with no side effects. My wife who has MS had the same vaccine 2 weeks ago, with no side effects. It really does seem to be the luck of the draw as to what happens side effects wise, but, until the vast majority are inoculated we cannot beat this virus.

• Like 2

Outmost is not a word........I am getting better, only 4 errors this time

My wife and I have the appointment scheduled on the 17th March. 

We are proud of what the UK has done. Sure, it could have been a bit better as there is always a room for an improvement. The NHS has done an outstanding job. One can always find fault; my daughter, who is in her first year as a doctor, had been on the front line fighting this menace - like all other selfless NHS staff, from May 2020 to Feb 2021.  We understand what we’re up against. 

• Like 6

Age doesn’t define maturity. Some people will never grow up! 

This is my bloody topic, somehow a single individual pushed it into a political discussion...possibly to suit their own ends, possibly just to get it shut down...I have no idea. I temporarily locked it whilst I tidied up....now it's unlocked again. How on earth a good thing we have done becomes a political sounding board I don't know...stop it, I was enjoying reading the thread and other peoples experiences before the politics started!

• Like 3

• DavecUK unlocked this topic

Quite a lot of family members have had it now. My brother in law suffered exactly the same symptoms you are describing Dave. He is a medic so received as a fit and healthy 28 year old.

My wife had it too as she is also a medic, no side effects whatsoever. Same with my grandparents and my father. Impossible to know how it is going to affect individuals I suppose.

I can tell you though they are all absolutely delighted to be in a country where they had access to it. We are very privileged.

• Like 5

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Alex Duetto and Alex Leva now in stock!

@DavecUK hope you are feeling better, i read an article (which has been picked up in a few places) which suggests you are more likely to get a severe reaction like this if you actually had covid at some point in the last year - anecdotally friends of mine (mostly in the US) who have already been vaccinated seem to be able to correlate this.

Still it just a single piece of research.

• Like 1

@BlackCatCoffee Well that's good news and slightly disappointing (on a personal note) as well....I really thought I might have a supercharged immune system 🙄

I had mine at Epsom racecourse and the operation was very slick, really well run. I arrived early, not wanting to risk being delayed by Friday night traffic.  Interestingly they said you can sit down over there, but it's a longer wait (I must look older than my imagination)...or go in the fast lane, but you have to stand up (cheek).

I went in the fast lane and literally was jabbed minutes after I arrived....excellent service.

If you're 56 or over (group 8?) you can book your vaccination now via the NHS website without waiting for a letter from the NHS or your GP. 

Edited by Stox
  • Like 5

I had the vaccine last week (due to having a Pulmonary Embolism in November). I didn’t have any side effects other than a bit of a sore arm and feeling a bit tired.
I’ve known the odd person having side affects after either of the vaccine s, but in the main not.
Even if you do get these it’s a dam site better than contracting coronavirus.
My friend lost her husband to it 2 weeks ago. He was 40, healthy and really physically fit (with no underlying Heath conditions). So I would implore everyone to get vaccinated and not concern yourself with the short term side effect (if that’s what’s concerning folk).

• Like 3

I'd seen the same thing as @jonr2 which sort of gives the impression I didn't catch it in Feb last year, I must have had 'flu.

I was spending a lot of time in the hospice as my father was in his last few weeks of life, I spent c 18 hours out of 24 at one point. They had a patient in the next room who was being transferred (to Hospital I guess), nurses ambulance staff all had a lot of PPE on, more than I'd seen when they were even giving close contact care to my father.  Once we knew that COVID-19 was in the country late 2019 it made me wonder whether that patient had those sort of symptoms. I then went down with what I'd thought at the time to be flu, as did my mother. She's now had both doses, no extreme reaction, slightly unwell after the second, so I've taken that as a sign that what she (and I ) had in early 2020 wasn't COVID-19. Ironic thing is, it was the first year I had the 'flu jab as I wanted to be able to keep tending to both parents so wanted to avoid being laid up with 'flu.

@jonr2  I seem to be fine now, but felt like crap for a short time. Better than getting Coronavirus though. I am also pretty sure I never had the Virus, my mother was in the extremely high risk group and as I was caring for her, I couldn't risk it. I have effectively been locked down since March 2020.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

had mine at Epsom racecourse and the operation was very slick, really well run

A friend of mine also had his jab there and felt so good afterwards that he entered and won the 4:45 race.

I'll get my coat. 🙄

• Like 5