Jump to content
IGNORED

Leli Marax / Niche grinder


Recommended Posts

Well now .... after a long discussion with my GP and a few tests, it seems that caffeine and me do not go well together. As my better half isn't really an espresso lover I am reluctantly about to list my Marax and Niche grinder for sale, either as a matching pair, or am willing to split. This is a very hard decision as I really have enjoyed the experience but, I can't drink coffee without problems it seems and she would like her bench space back!

 

I am selling the machine for £850, a fair discount from the current BB price of £999. It was bought from BB last September and has 18 months of the warranty still to run. No problems at all other than a tiny scratch, barely noticeable, on the E61 head (oops!)

 

And I had, before my problems with blood pressure were diagnosed , bought the OPV mod bits n bobs, so they are included. It has always been filled with RO water (Osmio Zero) and no in-tank filter. I believe the original filter is still in the box.

 

The Niche arrived in November and is 'as new'. Am looking for £475 and would consider selling separately but only if the Marax itself goes on a sale.

 

Am located in the North East.

 

Both machine and grinder would be boxed in original packaging and buyer to pay p&p costs which I'll get costs for if interest is expressed in both or either item.

 

I'll pop pictures up over the weekend but we all know what the items are, don't we?

 

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That niche will be snapped up in an instant. 
 

Can you not try decaf beans? Some decent ones around 

Link to post
Share on other sites
That niche will be snapped up in an instant. 
 
Can you not try decaf beans? Some decent ones around 
I've been down the decaf rabbit hole. It doesn't work for me unfortunately. Bear in mind that the Niche will only go if the Mara itself sells. Obviously I'd prefer to sell as a package, less hassle but would split only on condition I have sold the Marax. They are an ideal pairing ...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skylark said:

I've been down the decaf rabbit hole. It doesn't work for me unfortunately. Bear in mind that the Niche will only go if the Mara itself sells. Obviously I'd prefer to sell as a package, less hassle but would split only on condition I have sold the Marax. They are an ideal pairing ...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
 

@skylark Ok can I be in line for the niche if they don’t go together?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Karka  No, they are a split in the specific sense of only if MaraX sells. If MaraX sells, then you can offer on the grinder alone and the first valid offer after MaraX sells is the first valid offer.

e.g. someone offers asking price for MaraX, then first asking price offer (after that) on Niche wins

Edited by DavecUK

Nothing here...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whereabouts in the North East? I'm interested in the Mara X, but would like to work out some fuel vs postage costs! Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

@Karka  No, they are a split in the specific sense of only if MaraX sells. If MaraX sells, then you can offer on the grinder alone and the first valid offer after MaraX sells is the first valid offer.

e.g. someone offers asking price for MaraX, then first asking price offer (after that) on Niche wins

Yeah I get that

Link to post
Share on other sites

@skylarkso just to clear things up. If the Mara X is sold separately, I’ll offer you the asking price for the niche. If they go together then no problem at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, drmarc said:

Whereabouts in the North East? I'm interested in the Mara X, but would like to work out some fuel vs postage costs! Thanks.

Whitley Bay is close enough!

Bye Bye...........come back when you have less time

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill take both at asking.

*Provided the description is accurate (how tiny is tiny?) and I can collect with a demo of everything working?*

Not to cast doubt on your honesty but its a lot of monies!

Im traveling to various sites for work in the North east so I'd pickup on one of those days. At a distance ofc :).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all for the interest. I'll take some pics over the weekend and try to show the scratch but honestly it's about 3mm and unnoticeable, to me anyway, during daily use. It just doesn't show against the chrome of the head.

I'll also be packaging everything up and any requests to show it 'up and running' are unfortunately not practical. It would need powering up, prepped and then drained down for transportation. Not to mention the 'C' work which we are all trying to live with. It IS all in working order that's about all I can say to assist with a sale/purchase.

Wait for the pics ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2021 at 20:03, skylark said:

Thanks all for the interest. I'll take some pics over the weekend and try to show the scratch but honestly it's about 3mm and unnoticeable, to me anyway, during daily use. It just doesn't show against the chrome of the head.

I'll also be packaging everything up and any requests to show it 'up and running' are unfortunately not practical. It would need powering up, prepped and then drained down for transportation. Not to mention the 'C' work which we are all trying to live with. It IS all in working order that's about all I can say to assist with a sale/purchase.

Wait for the pics ....

Only as an idea, perhaps you could make a video showing today's date and pull a shot + steam. That surely would be more practical and would go a long way in making the buyer feel safer. 

(I am only trying to help, I have no skin in the game)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you split the items I would 100% bite your hand off for the niche haha. Although I suppose I would have to join the que!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.


    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!


    Donate / Sponsor

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     

×
×
  • Create New...