IGNORED

BARBECUING advice/ suggestions.

Enjoying cooking and being quite at home in the kitchen  cooking British, European, Indian & Moroccan food Mrs El c ' suggested' I might like a barbeque for the summer ???

I cook a lot of Spanish food much of which lends itself to B/Bq.  We never eat beef burgers and rarely sausage unless it is in other dishes ( chorizo / morcilla & toulouse sausage)

We do eat quite a lot of fish and vegetables in various dishes.   

Any Ideas or suggestions  for barbecuing ?

Any suggestions for/ about BBq's= eg  tools ,fuel, I do feel inclined to gas for ease but might be convinced otherwise

This will be mainly for two people but could possibly be up to four

If we cannot partake of the European food because of  Covid I will bring it to a small garden in England.

Any printable suggestions welcome.

• Like 1

The go to is the Weber Kettle for me still.

I have a number of BBQs including a pellet smoker and an offset stick burner but I still reach for the good old fashioned kettle the most.

You can smoke, cook directly or indirectly, cook low and slow or anything else you can think of.

Lighting charcoal is incredible easy with a charcoal chimney so unless you are dead set on gas I would seriously consider at charcoal. Gas just doesn't taste the same, it is a bit like pod coffee compared to the real deal!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Bezzera machines back in stock!

i love my webber, even being a veggie lol buuuuut a friend has buschbeck bbq with a pizza oven

Way too early for this sh...

I’ve got a kamado, gas Weber and a Weber kettle. The kettle is an all rounder that can’t be beaten. Quick and easy to use. Just make sure to buy a chimney starter.

agree on the lighter, so much easier, thing i like about the kettle is how well it cooks, very rarely burn anything

Way too early for this sh...

We barbeque all year! We just eat it indoors when it's cold out! It's just the two of us too.  We have a basic Weber kettle and have recently bought an outdoor oven too.

A chimney starter has become an essential, you don't need any sort of lighting fluids or similar, just your charcoal and a bit of paper.

Try and buy good quality charcoal without any 'quick lighting' stuff, your food will taste so much better for it.

Don't be afraid to cook your meat 'dirty' i.e. straight on the coals. Steaks and chops taste AMAZING.

Start with the basics and you'll soon be roasting and smoking too!

B02E2A68-3B53-4C6B-A7DC-91F9E9E85320.jpeg

Edited by EmmaC
  • Like 1

Perfect timing. Check out the Gozney dome which will be released soon. 

perfect for pizzas but it will be great for all wood and gas fired cooking. From baking bread with added steam, roasting, slow roasting, slow smoking, and even cold smoking. 

currently I’ve got an Ooni pizza oven and a napoleon bbq which I cook all sorts such as beef and turkey pastrami, steaks, wings. 

I bbq all year round and have a Weber kettle Broil King gas bbq and a Kamado Joe

My go to is the Kamado Joe. So versatile both low and slow and ultra high temp for Neapolitan pizza.  That was until I bought a Roccbox!!!

15 minutes ago, Mark70 said:

I bbq all year round and have a Weber kettle Broil King gas bbq and a Kamado Joe

My go to is the Kamado Joe. So versatile both low and slow and ultra high temp for Neapolitan pizza.  That was until I bought a Roccbox!!!

I had a kamado a few years ago. One thing I didn’t like is cooking direct over coals. You just couldn’t get the cooking grate close enough to the coals unless you had a tonne of charcoal in there. 

I found the kettle too big and bought a Dancook 7000 box bbq - really simple and you can get the grate as close to the coals as you like.

Dancook

• Like 1

PMA all day!

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2021 at 18:47, Kjk said:

I found the kettle too big and bought a Dancook 7000 box bbq - really simple and you can get the grate as close to the coals as you like.

Dancook

Like the look Of the 7000 on the stand 👍