IGNORED

The next drop...

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done....there are no more Niche grinders left....thank you all for supporting the forum. I will forward the list to Niche today and they will contact you by your forum e-mail, or any specially provide

Guys I realise I have made a horrible mistake..and accidentally misled people They are in stock, but not available until June...just reserved for us months ago to avoid the scrum and disappointme

Just sponsored, not because I want on the list, I already have a niche, but because this initiative just highlights how good this forum is. Well done @DavecUK

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, JmsM said:

@DavecUKCould I get the remaining white one please? Just signed up for Bronze. Thanks!

Done

1 black Niche left only

White

1 @adamk

2 @OldFruity

3 @Ando

4 @mtjones55

5 @iJim

6 @Lawn

7  @The Systemic Kid

8 @Eiffel

9 @JmsM

10 @whay

11. @Nightrider_1uk

Black

1. @Alpesh

2. @morlo1

3. @CafeColando

4. @sean2earth

5. @Adam Greenwood

6. @Simon

7. @Scwheeler

8. @Robert Fox

9.  @Mrco1

I like toffee.....but try and talk sense when you're chewing it!

20 hours ago, DavecUK said:

Done

1 black Niche left only

White

1 @adamk

2 @OldFruity

3 @Ando

4 @mtjones55

5 @iJim

6 @Lawn

7  @The Systemic Kid

8 @Eiffel

9 @JmsM

10 @whay

11. @Nightrider_1uk

Black

1. @Alpesh

2. @morlo1

3. @CafeColando

4. @sean2earth

5. @Adam Greenwood

6. @Simon

7. @Scwheeler

8. @Robert Fox

9.  @Mrco1

@DavecUK

Could I please pinch the last Black one....I thought I'd sleep on it assuming they'd be all gone but since it's still there it'd be rude not to.  I'm sorting out the subscription as I write...

Thank you!

Edited to add: Subscription sorted.  This feature should be advertised more - didn't know this existed and would have been happy to support even without the Niche deal.  So much info available and so much support!

Edited by crazyp
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, crazyp said:

@DavecUK

Could I please pinch the last Black one....I thought I'd sleep on it assuming they'd be all gone but since it's still there it'd be rude not to.  I'm sorting out the subscription as I write...

Thank you!

Done....there are no more Niche grinders left....thank you all for supporting the forum. I will forward the list to Niche today and they will contact you by your forum e-mail, or any specially provided one I already have.

NO GRINDERS LEFT

White

1 @adamk

2 @OldFruity

3 @Ando

4 @mtjones55

5 @iJim

6 @Lawn

7  @The Systemic Kid

8 @Eiffel

9 @JmsM

10 @whay

11. @Nightrider_1uk

Black

1. @Alpesh

2. @morlo1

3. @CafeColando

4. @sean2earth

5. @Adam Greenwood

6. @Simon

7. @Scwheeler

8. @Robert Fox

9.  @Mrco1

10. @crazyp

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Done....there are no more Niche grinders left....thank you all for supporting the forum. I will forward the list to Niche today and they will contact you by your forum e-mail, or any specially provided one I already have.

Once again, Many thanks Dave.

• Thanks 2

Sent the list off to Niche, you will get contacted next week...don't worry if it's late in the week.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

52 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Sent the list off to Niche, you will get contacted next week...don't worry if it's late in the week.

Thank you, we'll all be waiting patiently / impatiently until then...

Now due to my poor planning a new Lelit MaraX Bianca arrives on Monday.  So until the Niche arrives I'll be using.....pre-ground coffee.  Does that get me kicked off this forum? 😆

1 minute ago, crazyp said:

Now due to my poor planning a new Lelit MaraX Bianca arrives on Monday.  So until the Niche arrives I'll be using.....pre-ground coffee.  Does that get me kicked off this forum? 😆

No...using preground will be punishment enough...as you will find out! 🤣

• Like 3

On 08/04/2021 at 15:37, DavecUK said:

Damn, looks like I missed out. 

Will this ever happen again? I would be interested

On 08/04/2021 at 16:33, crazyp said:

Thank you, we'll all be waiting patiently / impatiently until then...

I just bought a hario skerton pro for £45. Looks like it's going to be two months of arm/wrist exercise before the niche arrives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, whay said:

Looks like it's going to be two months of arm/wrist exercise before the niche arrives. 

Hey I'm pretty excited too, but not that excited. 🍆

All joking aside thanks for the idea - I'll look into that.  I thought about a hand grinder but didn't want to drop another £130+ on a JX because I'm still smarting from the Niche + Bianca outlay....!

• Like 3

Note there are a handful of espresso compatible hand grinders on the market. They have stainless steel burrs and the capability for fine adjustment. Grinding to espresso fineness with a ceramic burr is a lot of work and not likely to be a pleasant experience (2-3mins) - you may need to pull 2 or 3 shots to get dialled in.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I bought a Skerton which did not last long at all - I couldn't hack the slowness when doing V60s. I would have saved more in the long run by buying my JX at the outset.

• Thanks 1

PMA all day!

On 06/04/2021 at 14:56, DavecUK said:

Gah...no sponsorship dosh for the forum then....but perhaps we will convince you with the next benefit. 🤣😉

Ha, funnily enough after I had bought the Zero, I did go off to look at the new sponsorship (new to me, it’s been a good couple of years since I spent any time on here) but the first link I found in my settings told me there was no sponsorship options available. Will need to catch up and no doubt read whatever I’ve missed!

On 09/04/2021 at 16:10, Luverdark said:

Will this ever happen again? I would be interested

I asked exactly that too, and the answer (paraphrasing) from Dave was "I'll try".

I took that to mean he hopes so, but it's down to whether the guys at Niche go for it again. It's their call, really.

So unless Dave comes back and says "Sorry but that was it", I'd suggest keeping your eyes open. This time at least, the White list filled up pretty damn quick.

And if I'm reading the situation wrong. no doubt Dave will put me right.

@CoffeePhilE I'll try, but I'm not super hopeful, with so many people waiting, it's a big ask....

• Like 1

Good morning everyone,

I received my email this morning to claim the niche, it was from a James Nicholson and Dave was Cc’d in the email, just posting in case any of you guys miss it.

Can’t wait for it to come. Roll on June!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I received my Niche last Friday and I have to say I am absolutely won over with the improvement in my espresso - I’d been using my original  Feldgrind up until that point (with a Robot) but often struggling with a lack of sweetness in the cup (I predominantly drink lighter roasts).

With the Niche there are noticeably less fines, much fluffier grinds and it results in a consistently more balanced drink. I guess my sample size is small given I’ve only used three different beans so far but so far so good, it’s just so easy to use (not to mention the time-saving compared to hand-grinding!).