IGNORED

Alternates

1 hour ago, dfk41 said:

you might have to put us out of our misery with that one!

Fanlight Fanny was originally by George Formby...bout 1935. As a kid I watched all his films....Norman Wisdom too.

szQTQ6.gif

• Like 1

Nothing here...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since many people think that they don't like jazz, you might need to give this a chance   The best about this stuff is the musicians are astonishing and you get to sit within about 3 meters of them. T

I love this lockdown parody/cover  Bit of fun in challenging times       

Posted Images

10 hours ago, dfk41 said:

Well done! Being an ex drummer

9 hours ago, earthflattener said:

Ex drummer, eh? That explains a lot!! So am I by the way.

Well, well, well; it's a small world after all...i may have something in common with you guys after all...i will name-drop one name and leave you hanging...Simmons...i will say no more on this forum :classic_wink:

• Like 2

The Evil that Men Do.........

I love Damian Wilson/Wilson & Wakeman and Maiden United are worth checking out if you like.... well acoustic versions of Iron Maiden.

They (W&W) also do a version of Life on Mars (Adam's Dad played on the original). Damian also writes his own stuff..... Oh and he was also Jean Valjean 

• Like 1

Great cover of the Pixies “Where is My Mind” by Sunday Girl.

• Like 1

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Well, well, well; it's a small world after all...i may have something in common with you guys after all...i will name-drop one name and leave you hanging...Simmons...i will say no more on this forum :classic_wink:

I never scaled those lofty heights! The first band I played in, the bassist went on to be part of Angelic Upstarts and another lad who regularly played was in the Tygers of Pantang........I still see Rob every now and again at his catering van!

• Like 1

Bye Bye...........come back when you have less time

I really ought to post this Tygers cover since I name dropped Rob Weir!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, earthflattener said:

Ex drummer, eh? That explains a lot!! So am I by the way. Gave up playing as I was really crap. Still involved a bit in music though chairing a venue in London. This was recorded at our place. Amazing drummers! 

I like small bands where everyone gets the chance to contribute! I loved the drummer with the hair, and laughed when the band were introduced and one member was called Chewbacca! Around 15 years ago, an old friend asked me along to one of his regular jam sessions where he just in cited a few along. I dusted down my kit which I had not played in 20 years....after 3 minutes my arms had seized up and I was out of breath.....LOL

3 hours ago, dfk41 said:

I like small bands where everyone gets the chance to contribute! I loved the drummer with the hair, and laughed when the band were introduced and one member was called Chewbacca! Around 15 years ago, an old friend asked me along to one of his regular jam sessions where he just in cited a few along. I dusted down my kit which I had not played in 20 years....after 3 minutes my arms had seized up and I was out of breath.....LOL

Yeah, the woolly headed drummer (shaved head these days) is Seb Rochford. He has played with everyone. In fact Brian Eno played on one of his albums (probably in return for him playing on a Brian Eno/David Byrne album). Chewbacca is actually Shebaka 😆 Hutchings who is probably the darling of British Jazz at the moment. He has become too big for us these days, playing the Barbican and that sort of place, although he did play with us in a benefit for a legendary South African drummer last year. 

• Like 2

````All along the watchtower......as never heard before

• Like 1

and for my finale, George RR Martin singing on comfortably Numb!!

• Like 1

Any mileage left in this thread? Let's see if we can find covers that are not done by recognised bands......I really enjoyed this and it has only have a few hundred  views!

I must stop posting these! Davy Jones.....RIP!

Last one, I promise