IGNORED

Alternates

We have run this sort of thing before. Here is what I think is a very good, alternate version of a song. Some might hope that she falls off the seat

• Like 3

Bye Bye...........come back when you have less time

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since many people think that they don't like jazz, you might need to give this a chance   The best about this stuff is the musicians are astonishing and you get to sit within about 3 meters of them. T

I love this lockdown parody/cover  Bit of fun in challenging times       

Posted Images

@Cuprajake I do not know the original I am afraid so cannot compare it, but thoroughly enjoyable!

@dfk41 much punchier drums IMO....the amount of 10p's i must've slammed into pub juke-boxes back when this was out must've been quite a bob or two....most die-hards at the time hated it whereas i just couldn't for the life of me get into LZ or PF (although i did buy The Wall)...Black Sabbath were another band that i couldn't get to grips with, although i worshipped Ozzy when he went solo...strange how things pan out.

Edited by Rincewind
for for fro
  • Like 1

@EmmaC ......wow, if I had not heard it with my own ears, I would never have believed an attempt to describe it! A great example of an alternate cover!

• Like 1

@EmmaC Slits were a great band! Sadly Ari Up died in 2010.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

1 minute ago, Rincewind said:

@dfk41 much punchier drums IMO....the amount of 10p's i must've slammed into pub juke-boxes back when this was out must've been quite a bob or two....most die-hards at the time hated it whereas i just couldn't fro the life of me get into LZ or PF (although i did buy The Wall)...Black Sabbath were another band that i couldn't get to grips with, although i worshipped Ozzy when he went solo...strange how things pan out.

I prefer alternates that actually offer something different. Too many songs are covered and are nearly indistinguishable from the original!

2 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

A great example of an alternate cover!

I think a great cover is not necessarily trying to better the original, but to totally own it.

• Like 1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

not my fave song, but my fave cover as it is sooooo different from the original - Over the Rainbow by Israel 'Iz' Kamakawiwoʻole

image.jpeg.2522628c2b78d564c16f6c02e6a9df22.jpeg

• Like 4

@Rob666 Thats one I do know! @Drewster came to my house some time ago and played it for me and I think I featured it the last time I started one of these threads! Cheers matey!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonr2 said:

not my fave song, but my fave cover as it is sooooo different from the original - Over the Rainbow by Israel 'Iz' Kamakawiwoʻole

image.jpeg.2522628c2b78d564c16f6c02e6a9df22.jpeg

Quite agree!!

• Like 1

@jonr2 I remember when MASH was staple viewing in the seventies when I was at school.....Radar and Hotlips Horsley!