IGNORED

This forum...

Soo alots gone on in the last few weeks/months. Lots of changes etc 

Now theres about 15 new members all asking the same question. 

Is the forum getting spammed to death, do people have an agenda. 

Sadly this is prob one of the worst forums ive ever been a member of for bitching and snide comments. 

I thought the idea of an online community, a group of like minded people was to discuss their passions, not be at each others throats. 

Luckily for me i have bronze membership, with a growing list of ignored users and threads. Its just such a shame that a forum, a fountain of knowledge is veing led down this path, esp as there a dying breed....due to the likes of Facebook. 

Rant over. Cant we just all get along? 

Share Sharing Is Caring GIF by stellar247

• Like 10

Way too early for this sh...

Wowzers, I just joined, no one even said hellO yet, now I read this. I was told about the forum by someone at the studio Coffee bar in town. Only when I was clearing car out today I found it.

feeling like maybe he was wrong to suggest this. Not feeling so friendly. Maybe I joined at the wrong time 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Vespula said:

Wowzers, I just joined, no one even said hellO yet, now I read this. I was told about the forum by someone at the studio Coffee bar in town. Only when I was clearing car out today I found it.

feeling like maybe he was wrong to suggest this. Not feeling so friendly. Maybe I joined at the wrong time 

Forum is very friendly. By the way - welcome. Where abouts are you by the way?

• Like 1

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

1 minute ago, Vespula said:

Stick around, time will tell. There are a lot of helpful folk here & it's still the friendliest coffee forum I've been on.

• Like 5
Soo alots gone on in the last few weeks/months. Lots of changes etc 
Now theres about 15 new members all asking the same question. 
Is the forum getting spammed to death, do people have an agenda. 
Sadly this is prob one of the worst forums ive ever been a member of for bitching and snide comments. 
I thought the idea of an online community, a group of like minded people was to discuss their passions, not be at each others throats. 
Luckily for me i have bronze membership, with a growing list of ignored users and threads. Its just such a shame that a forum, a fountain of knowledge is veing led down this path, esp as there a dying breed....due to the likes of Facebook. 
Rant over. Cant we just all get along? 

200.gif

I’ve been oh here for over 8 years and it used to be a lot friendlier.
  • Like 3
Stick around, time will tell. There are a lot of helpful folk here & it's still the friendliest coffee forum I've been on.

You’re right there are still some die hard good folk on here (less than there used to be). But I think there’s a lot of people on here that need to consider their conduct and integrity.

Everyone needs to ask the question what would Glenn do?
IMG_4868.PNG
  • Like 14

I was around for some time and then left for some time and now have come back for some time. At times I have thought that a few people have an agenda of some sort but that is often the case in forums that involve kit that is bought to participate. I'm probably on some peoples ignore list and at times some are on mine.

Other than a couple of posts I don't see much of a change really. One concerned kit and the other a grinder that no one has used. There are a number of people who aren't around now who may be lurking, changed names or have simply left. I'd be inclined to say that some of those haven't really shown much signs of helping people make coffee anyway. At one point there was talk of a hidden section for certain people so that they could talk amongst themselves.

Me well. Getting Saged off at time is up to me really. People may embark on some route that I think isn't entirely wise so I may or may not say what I think about that. Some people might like that some might not.

People are people essentially and we all vary one way or another.

• Like 4

TBH i think there are genuine people willing to help on the forum, maybe their delivery though is blunt, with a side serving of if your "machine doesn't do this then go away' 

The one thing that is clear is the lack of different topics. Its all I want a new machine etc and by default it's the same two machines. For newbies maybe they should have a survey and at the end just say buy same brand machine A or B from BB. 

Hopefully as we go through the year there are some new machines/grinders etc that can be spoken about.

And yes I do realise I've not really contributed much as a member.

ps Who is Glenn :)

• Like 2

@GengisKhan id say its more up to the distributor/manufacturers to make something that we can get behind. 

Like you say a grand budget and the Minima/Elizabeth get mentioned. 

Now if more manufacturers produced something to compete it would be better, bit like that new grinder. Competition is good as it drives down prices and monopolies. 

I know at the start i couldn't spend what i have now on a machine. 

But some of the recommendation are not always newbie friendly

• Like 3

Way too early for this sh...

40 minutes ago, urbanbumpkin said:

You’re right there are still some die hard good folk on here (less than there used to be). But I think there’s a lot of people on here that need to consider their conduct and integrity.

Everyone needs to ask the question what would Glenn do?
IMG_4868.PNG

@urbanbumpkin WWGD? Apparently it would be sell up and move on 😉

• Like 2

Down with this sort of thing. 

5 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

@GengisKhan id say its more up to the distributor/manufacturers to make something that we can get behind. 

Now if more manufacturers produced something to compete it would be better, bit like that new grinder. Competition is good as it drives down prices and monopolies. 

I know at the start i couldn't spend what i have now on a machine. 

But some of the recommendation are not always newbie friendly

All fair points mate.

• Like 1

Machines have a flavour of the month until something else comes along. Some are aimed at offering different things at different prices. Minima for instance as far as some one can go in terms of general design at that price. Lelit are the new cheaper in some cases kid on the block. Sage are an odd ball - mass market and more of all of their models are probably sold than an other similar machines. That gives them a problem actually - more purchasers that are unaware of the things that can cause espresso machines problems - all of them really.

LOL excuse me being cynical BB stocking machines helps but there are other suppliers and other machines.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

It's not just a machine that is needed a grinder is as well. In some ways a more difficult part to choose that also has an enormous price range.

Machines, there are others. Budget figures - the total one not just the cost of the machine. If anything like for like from different makers prices increase rather than reduce. That is unlikely to change. Some pump far more money into being able to produce them as well.

1 minute ago, urbanbumpkin said:

He was either the original founder of Coffee forums or The Angel Gabriel. I’m not quite sure these days.

life of brian GIF

• Like 3

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

I have found the members are genuinely helpful and quite knowledgeable in coffee making. I have learnt a lot about what it takes to make a good cup of coffee, although I have been drinking coffee for a long time. I am learning to appreciate or otherwise of the flavour, texture, .... in my coffee these days. 

However, I do, some time, find unfriendly comments, which I haven’t experienced so far. 😊 IMHO, it doesn’t hurt to be polite as it definitely puts a smile on people’s face!  😊

Edited by Like Medium Strong Coffee
  • Like 5