IGNORED

Favourite Dinner

I’ve never really rated the aubergine (despite living with a veggie for over 20 years) till I started having babaganoush from the local Turkish takeaway.
I think you may have inspired me to try and make it at home.

I am Northern so let me educate you.....tea is at 4pm and supper after 8pm.....
I'm from the North too. Would argue tea is 5pm and only posh folk/soft Southerners have supper [emoji1]
  • Like 3

for people liking aubergines, this one is worth a try. i don’t bother doing the precooking in a grill pan, just slice them, drizzle olive oil and the spices and stick in the oven for half an hour. i also grind the walnuts pretty finely rather than chunking them.

it’s a bit like imam biyaldi on steroids.

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegetarian/persian-aubergine-bake/

• Like 1

^^^ looks really nice. I will definitely try this. 
I have another recipe I make regularly which has pomegranate molasses in, an ingeredient (as a Lidl/Aldi shopper) I am NEVER going to buy 🤣so I always sub honey for it, just assuming they are pretty similar. But I see your recipe has honey in too 😂 so guess they are not that similar ...

4 hours ago, Emily said:

^^^ looks really nice. I will definitely try this. 
I have another recipe I make regularly which has pomegranate molasses in, an ingeredient (as a Lidl/Aldi shopper) I am NEVER going to buy 🤣so I always sub honey for it, just assuming they are pretty similar. But I see your recipe has honey in too 😂 so guess they are not that similar ...

it’s very sour and acidic. if you like sour flavours it’s worth finding some. it’s good in a simple salad of sliced onions with some salt, cumin and lemon juice. yum!

• Like 1

To me, I think my favourite meal is Lunch. It is the only time I get to eat meal with the people I am with and even have a chat. When at work, it acts as the line between having rest and recharge for the next tasks that need to be completed. Howver, it is still important not to rely on other people and make sure that you can still eat on your own. No matter what happens, do not be dependent to other people to the point that you will feel empty if the person you are expecting to have lunch with you already found another.

21 hours ago, Zatogato said:

Pizza by far. I dream of buying an Ooni but home made or otherwise to me it is as close to perfect as food gets. (Yeah my answer is boring!)

The wood oven I built in the garden 9 years ago got us through last year's spring lockdown with ease

IMG_20200525_195158_070.jpg

Edited by Spazbarista
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, Spazbarista said:

Sliced it about 5mm thick, length ways. Brush with oil and griddle. Then layer in a dish with blended tinned plum tomatoes, basil leaves and grated cheddar and coarse black pepper. Finish with a layer of cheese and decent breadcrumbs. Fuck it in the oven at 180⁰ for 40minutes, or until it looks awesome.

Aubergine Parmigiana. 

I seriously hope not!😂sounds delicious despite cooking methods.

• Like 1

I’ve been on a big Mexican kick lately and have been making assorted tacos with fresh corn tortillas - my wife loves pork carnitas from the instant pot. I got the seasonings/sauces, masa harina (corn flour), and a tortilla press from mexgrocer.co.uk. Herdez green salsa is a must.

Family favourite is weekly homemade pizza on the Ooni, we’ve got an Italian deli on the corner who stocks really good stuff.

PMA all day!

A really good pie is a fine thing. Close second would be the prawn biryani that my wife makes for special occasions. A close third would be the Bangladeshi daal that my mother-in-law cooks - neither yoghurt nor coconut go anywhere near, and it's fantastic. 

• Like 3

The Black Country Coffee Roastery
www.coffeebythecasuals.com - Discount Code: CFUK21
Instagram: @casuals_coffee

• 2 weeks later...

Every day I have my favourite dinner, even if it's my turn to cook.  Today my favourite was lots of salad with unfrozen sweet potato chips and Green Pie, made by my lady of excellent wisdom in her choice of marriage partner. This time the filling is red lentils, a little pesto and wild garlic which I picked yesterday.

received_2827027687538846.jpeg

• Like 2

We are vegetarians. Any Ottolenghi recipes from his book. Ottogenghi simple and Ottolenghi sweets are our favourites. 

Homemade pizza and home-made apple crumble of course (50:50 oats and flour).

Edited by Like Medium Strong Coffee

“Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise”  - Sigmund Freud