IGNORED

Noisy new machine

Geezercdg

Looking for some advice  re my new Synchronika. i have had it 2 weeks now and am finding the brewing really noisy. I only noticed after watching a Rinaldo video on you tube commenting how quiet it was. I thought `mines not at all quiet`

Now I'm wondering if theres something wrong with it. 

I've attached a video which I did to work out how to stop the spurts.

Would really appreciate you thoughts.

• Like 1

Feels to me drip tray is vibrating.

edit: unrelated, that shot is way too fast. You need to grind finer. 😊

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Have you got cups on top? Try removing/moving them. I do sometimes have a similar sound although quieter in a situation where a particular cup might take a dislike to where it’s sitting, I just move it a touch and it stops.

Bella Barista usually remove them to do their pre delivery inspection but is there a transit nut still attached underneath? It’s a wing nut usually. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 24/03/2021 at 12:08, Rickv said:

Did you find out what the issue was?

No, its ongoing. BB are sending and engineer to take a look. When you take off the sides its all fine but as soon as it all goes back on its horrific - also I've noticed that when it fills the water tank its very noisy too.

I'll keep you posted.

Edited by Geezercdg
  • Like 1

On 20/02/2021 at 23:59, MediumRoastSteam said:

Feels to me drip tray is vibrating.

edit: unrelated, that shot is way too fast. You need to grind finer. 😊

I have the flow control valve fitted on the group set , It makes a big difference 

ECM Synchronika  , Mahlkonig EK43S , Osmio.

Have you tried to apply some pressure to one of the side panels when running the pump? Sounds like a vibrating side panel, or perhaps a vibrating cup tray. Especially if it’s not making the noise with the panels off. On my Synchronika I often get a vibrating panel when re-attaching it to the frame. Have to take really good care when aligning them back up.