IGNORED

ROK EspressoGC, Melitta Calibra & Bellman CX-25s - £300 Setup!

Hey, glad to join the forum!

This little setup requires me, my girlfriend, teamwork and about 10mins to make a couple coffees!

We already have eyes on the Lelit MaraX and a Niche Zero :D 

IMG_3274.thumb.jpg.1aff849a813796f778293590b85e7701.jpg

2163a669-80c5-409a-a83a-4382bc62c441.thumb.JPG.c9ace90a92b770a6c6346e003b593488.JPG

IMG_3287.thumb.JPG.5a335cf0c9a503b2baf4255148af4700.JPG

• Like 5

Very nice...i like your battery charger clips coffee bag clips...you just need a red wire on one and a black wire on the other...would look awesome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

@camphoto88 @russell16688Ditto - I've got a ROK and you don't see many people with them/ much love for them. 

I did find that the results got a hell of a lot better after I got my niche - I do think the ROK is sensitive to grind distribution/ fines but can be managed. 

Have you seen they now do a dosing funnel that is tamp-through if you have the ROK tamp? I am very tempted given its the messiest part of the process. 

• Thanks 1

@camphoto88 A blast from the past for me, this is from 10 years ago. I also had something like yours to test in a back with a small controllable by a knob, induction plate to heat it with. I thought it was Bellman, it was beautiful, like a little jewel.The whole kit came in a little carrier...very apple like.

I searched high and low over the years and never found anything like those little induction hobs again.

below is a Bellman Atomic, not the induction hob one.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

Nothing here...

The atomic’s are nice! I think I saw them new for over £300! 

was thinking about the Bellman CX-25p but it uses 50g of coffee which I thought was a bit excessive. 

Looking out for any tips on Mod’ing the Calibra to grind finer if anyone has tips? Found that some beans need the pressurised basket, some don’t, temporary issue until I can upgrade the grinder.. 

21 hours ago, DavecUK said:

@camphoto88 A blast from the past for me, this is from 10 years ago. I also had something like yours to test in a back with a small controllable by a knob, induction plate to heat it with. I thought it was Bellman, it was beautiful, like a little jewel.The whole kit came in a little carrier...very apple like.

I searched high and low over the years and never found anything like those little induction hobs again.

below is a Bellman Atomic, not the induction hob one.

20 hours ago, camphoto88 said:

The atomic’s are nice! I think I saw them new for over £300! 

was thinking about the Bellman CX-25p but it uses 50g of coffee which I thought was a bit excessive. 

Looking out for any tips on Mod’ing the Calibra to grind finer if anyone has tips? Found that some beans need the pressurised basket, some don’t, temporary issue until I can upgrade the grinder.. 

A coffee gadget I'd like to own 'just because'.... 

I have seen them new on BrewTool for £299 - unfortunately you don't see them second hand/ used very often and when you do, they're not cheap. 

• Like 1