IGNORED

Greens Buying Collective

RDC8

For people new to roasting or just thinking of getting into it remember to take into account moisture loss and profile development when calculating how long an amount of greens will last. E.g. 10kg with 15-20% moisture loss is 8-8.5kg, sample roasts/profile development deduct approx 500g-1kg depending on batch size and success. 

Edited by Rob1

Similar to others, if small amounts are a possibility I could be interested. I'm only roasting on a gene and don't get through very much (already have 1kg a month or subs for roasted coffee). 

So yeah, if about 1kg a month is possible at all I'd be interested, but completely understand if not! 

I'd possibly be interested. I generally deal with Falcon and collect as fairly close by, though they have relocated stock up to Vollers in Bury St Edmunds now so won't be as easy to get stock and I will likely shift to ordering for delivery (£80 pallet) so splitting some bags may be a potential for me.

Postage would be a issue, its fairly expensive to get a decent service. I actively avoid anything being delivered by Hermes as they are pretty awful in my area with most things going missing, especially if they have any weight to the parcel.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 21/02/2021 at 16:13, Beeroclock said:

For some reason I can’t delete the quotation box above

Anyway perhaps it would be useful to get a spreadsheet of where people live to get some sort of map going. 

Hi. If you're still working up a list of people to join the collective, I'd be keen. I'm based in Basingstoke. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RDC8 and I have set up a group on Facebook,  he’s on holiday at the moment, but if you’re interested feel free to message me. We fairly regularly buy a 1/4 to 1/2 a pallet of green and have accounts with Olam, Falcon, Cafe Imports, as well as some of the smaller importers like Cal’s Coffee, Agri Evolve (Rwenzori), Indochina, Osito, Raw Material and I’ve just signed up with iFinca. 

We are based in the South East and West. I travel up and down the M4/M5 corridor fairly frequently. 

From a personal perspective - I’m not really interested in doing small lots of 1kg, unless you want to come and pick up from me in Wiltshire, what we don’t do is mark up the cost of green apart from what we pay in delivery. 

RDC8 might send out smaller amounts, or group together and get your own thing going.

On the decaf side of things - I’ll be looking to buy some fairly soon - so would g be happily split a bag with someone.

Cheers Phil

• 3 weeks later...