Hi All 

Looking for guidance

2002 Classic - Has had total strip down and new seals 2 weeks ago

New boiler, new thermostats, reworked steam valve by @FairRecycler

Cafelat Gasket, stainless steel dispersion plate, OPV set at 9 bar and Rancilio steam wand

4C3C1F8C-7A5E-42BC-8084-D175F512FAFB.jpeg

914E86F2-9506-4B1A-A2B6-4B2C8D56E42E.jpeg

D4834017-2653-49A0-8F28-A9815845EA4A.jpeg

D6F417BB-31AA-4AE0-A3CC-DD88177D9B3D.jpeg

15C39B83-F177-4DB7-B95B-AE2EFD8A505F.jpeg

Edited by Uncletits
More photos added
  • Like 1

2002 to 2004 are the best cases, at 2.5mm thick stainless steel.

It got reduced to 2.2mm in 2005

Sylvia steam wand mod, larger solenoid valve and modded OPV pressure. New seals throughout, and stainless steel dispersion plate and new boiler (Guess it's a 1300W boiler?)

I would say it's worth a minimum of £250 plus P&P

Edited by ratty
extra info
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Uncletits said:

Thanks @ratty I’ll probably put it on for less on here and I’m not looking to make money

Huh!

New boiler                     £45

New seals                      £10

New Thermostats         £20

New dispersion plate   £30

Reworked steam valve £20

Sylvia Steam wand       £15

Total costs of your new parts £140

Cost of Classic ????

Not really sure what you mean about making money?

ratty

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, ratty said:

Huh!

New boiler                     £45

New seals                      £10

New Thermostats         £20

New dispersion plate   £30

Reworked steam valve £20

Sylvia Steam wand       £15

Total costs of your new parts £140

Cost of Classic ????

Not really sure what you mean about making money?

ratty

I fully understand but I think you can only charge what people are willing to pay - a bit like if you extend your house and you may not get all of that back in a sale if the going rate in the street is low and I think the going rate on here is lower than the eBay rate

This one I got for £60 last year off eBay 

I was thinking of £200 anyway

I understand.

Was looking at it from the view of a sometime refurbisher, as the parts I fit have to be charged otherwise I would be refurbishing to lose money rather than to totally improve the machine. I also don't charge for labour, just parts and initial cost of the machine.

Must say I have never bought a Classic for £60 though. I think I'm lucky if I can get one worth refurbishing for £150 nowadays!

So including your initial great value cost for the Classic and your new parts, it add up to £200, what you're asking for the machine?

Great buy for someone with them mods added.

1 hour ago, ratty said:

I understand.

Was looking at it from the view of a sometime refurbisher, as the parts I fit have to be charged otherwise I would be refurbishing to lose money rather than to totally improve the machine. I also don't charge for labour, just parts and initial cost of the machine.

Must say I have never bought a Classic for £60 though. I think I'm lucky if I can get one worth refurbishing for £150 nowadays!

So including your initial great value cost for the Classic and your new parts, it add up to £200, what you're asking for the machine?

Great buy for someone with them mods added.

I started doing these to understand how they work so won’t be doing many more

And I love yours and others work to keep these products alive and kicking

I for one will recommend all of our refurbishers on this forum

Thanks @ratty

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Uncletits said:

I fully understand but I think you can only charge what people are willing to pay - a bit like if you extend your house and you may not get all of that back in a sale if the going rate in the street is low and I think the going rate on here is lower than the eBay rate

This one I got for £60 last year off eBay 

I was thinking of £200 anyway

Wow,

You're going to make someone really lucky. As @ratty said machines wort to refurbish going for £150.

I like the idea though to refurbish some to get better understanding. Respectable

• Like 2
11 hours ago, ratty said:

2002 to 2004 are the best cases, at 2.5mm thick stainless steel.

It got reduced to 2.2mm in 2005

Sylvia steam wand mod, larger solenoid valve and modded OPV pressure. New seals throughout, and stainless steel dispersion plate and new boiler (Guess it's a 1300W boiler?)

I would say it's worth a minimum of £250 plus P&P

I'm quite sure the chassis are 1.5 and 1.2mm thought.

Edited by FairRecycler
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

With the lockdown madness and a lot of people taking up new hobbies , I found the price quite high when I bought mine in January. I'd say £250 easy for yours

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo