IGNORED

£1,500 ACS Vesuvius espresso machine

Purchased on 29 October 2014 from Bella Barista. This world's first advanced prosumer, computer controlled pressure profiling espresso machine using an E61 group set a new standard. It is a true first generation production model and not formerly used as for exhibition display or one of the 10 pre-production machines intended for dealerships which were not intended for sale.

The machine has been used daily; pulling & steaming 3-4 shots per day, i.e. an estimated 8,000 shots. Initially I tried out the various profiles recommended by other CFUK members, particularly liking the lever machine emulation which I tweaked a little to suit my wife and I and has remained Pressure Profile number I to this day. The purchaser will be able to try it themselves and decide whether to tweak it or not.

The machine was never plumbed in, so the plumbling kit remains in as new condition. The steam wand tips feature 2, 3 or 4 holes. I bought 2 Cafelat XL portafilters, each featuring both single or double spout fittings or a bottomless option, so the Vesuvius single spout and the double spout portafilters have hardly been used. N.B. the2 Cafelat XL portafilters are not included in this sale.

A replacement copper tube connecting the steam boiler to the steam wand has very recently been replaced by Andy Shaw of Espresso Services North. Sadly, my age and spinal arthritis has forced me into selling this much-loved machine and while it was being repaired, I asked Andy to carry out a full service to prepare it for sale so a it stands ready and able to produce wonderful coffee for many years to come for it's lucky new owner.

I'm unable to pack the machine into it's packing crate, so strongly recommend a visit to collect it so it cannot be damaged in transit and, more importantly, so the prospective buyer can see for themselves that it represents excellent value for money.

20210217_143625.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@GrahamSPhillips I'm a 74 year old arthritis in my spine and elsewhere, so am unable to do much beyond a monthly chemical backflush and regreasing ... now there's a thought I wonder if the silicone mo

Purchased on 29 October 2014 from Bella Barista. This world's first advanced prosumer, computer controlled pressure profiling espresso machine using an E61 group set a new standard. It is a true first

Hi [email protected] I have discussed with my wife! As this will very likely be the end of my upgrade journey we have decided to push the boat out (pun intended)! I would like to take the machine

Posted Images

Good luck with the sale. I am sure someone will buy it very soon.

I could not agree more with all your comments with regard to the machine.

Edited by John Yossarian
  • Like 1

Nothing succeeds as planned.

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

2 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

Haha thanks Jake, I'd seen it but it's for collection only, and I don't have space for this (beautiful) pachyderm in my kitchen anyway! I'm just waiting for the chosen machine to be back in stock :D

Edited by Baffo

@Kyle T There are some minor scratches, consistent with its age and priced accordingly, which may be able to be polished out. There is one that won't polish out, caused by a wrench on the top of the steam arm. It still looks good and functions superbly. I've never seen the row of dots along the top front before taking the photo and suspect they are reflections.

@Kyle TSorry for the delayed response but I've had a big toenail removed and can only wear socks over the dressing and the recent rain and wet ground have prevented me getting to the garage to check the apparent scratching at the bottom left (drip tray front) that I hadn't noticed until it was mentioned in your post above. With a stick and extra sock, I managed to get out to examine it today.

Most of it wiped away with a dampened finger but we are both right, there is some scratching underneath which looks minor enough to polish out. I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, centaursailing said:

having just paid over £220 to have the machine fully serviced for it's new owner

£1500 is a steal, considering.

@GrahamSPhillips I'm a 74 year old arthritis in my spine and elsewhere, so am unable to do much beyond a monthly chemical backflush and regreasing ... now there's a thought I wonder if the silicone molycote would free up some of my joints!

• Like 4
On 05/03/2021 at 14:59, Instant no more ! said:

600 mile round trip from london and all day driving rules me out 

just plug espresso machine in boot, have espresso on tap to get you home?

good luck with sale!

• Like 1
  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo