IGNORED

Hi from Edinburgh

First Post!

Hi guys, currently in Edinburgh and got into the espresso scene last year as something to dive into during lockdown. Enjoying learning from the forum and being able to make nice coffee at home!

Started with a Delonghi EC 820 and a Sage Grinder last year, but have now upgraded to a 2005 Gaggia Classic and Eureka Mignon Crono to hopefully do me for some time. Currently trying lots of different beans to see what I'm liking but would take any recommendations if anyone has their go to beans?

Thanks everyone have a good one.

Hello from edinburgh as well and welcome to the forum,

As far as edinburgh based roasters: artisan roast, machina and obadiah are a few to check out although there are plenty more in the area.

Also don't forget to look at the forum advertisers because you can get great deals from those roasters like black cat, coffee by the casuals, crown & canvas and others.

It really depends on what sort of espresso you enjoy, whether you drink milk drinks and lots of other factors.

What are the beans you have enjoyed the most so far?

Yeah I'm going to try get round all the main Edinburgh ones soon. Only really have milky drinks on the weekend so mainly looking for beans for espresso or americano. 

I tried some Monsoon Malabar beans from coffee bean shop (they had a selection pack) and really enjoyed them. Had some cheaper beans too but they weren't up to much. 

welcome aboard, there is also Steampunk Coffee in North Berwick to consider, once we get out of these restrictions that is. But I think they also do mail order. I'm along the road in Falkirk and I'm hooked on Black Cat Coffee's "Chocolate Point" at the moment. Sooooo thankful for mail order!