Good grief.

Well, I was also lucky enough to be one of several on here to receive their Elizabeth last week. I wasn’t very well over the weekend, so didn’t have chance to get it going until today.

I have a Eureka XL65 coming too, but thought I should confuse myself with just one new machine at a time.

The difference between this and my Silvia is such a massive step up. I was a little sceptical, I wondered if it would ‘just’ be the convenience of two boilers, but coming from a single boiler with no PID, to this, well, I’m sure Dave’s chuckling somewhere in the background.

I already had some beans on the go and simply filled the basket exactly as I had done yesterday on the Silvia. I haven’t added any settings yet, but just pulled the shot for 30 secs. It was totally spot on - 22g in, 45g out (for two of us). Then steamed the milk AT THE SAME TIME! What a revelation! 😆 Lovely and silky.

If this is what can be achieved straight out of the box, I can’t wait to see what’s next.

Don’t worry, I’m sure I’ll f**k it all up when the new grinder arrives 😁

F6682118-66C0-4AFE-8D9B-CE0C5AEDDDCD.jpeg

Edited by EmmaC
  • Like 15

Glad you're enjoying it...looks nice and compact in the corner 👍

It doesn't tale long to get used to Liz and when the new grinder arrives you have a real treat in store.

• Like 1

Nothing here...

It's great being able to use the wand off the front of the machine, the Silvia was a pain as it came out from the side.

Edited by EmmaC
25 minutes ago, KingoftheHeath said:

Wow, that looks much better in-situ compared to the marketing pics.

Yes, it's very smart irl, also seems very well constructed.

*apart from the plasticky steam knob

• Like 1

I have not found anything quite right yet, something like a 70s hifi large aluminium knob would be nice...Or something like a universal cooker knob below, the problem is they don't fit...or I don't think they do. The other issue is that I'm not sure enough shaft sticks out of the hole for a knob with a grubscrew to clamp on to it.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Control-Cooktop-Replacement-Accessories/dp/B08DNNR3J5/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=universal+rotary+knob&qid=1613076042&sr=8-5

If I remember rightly the lelit knob is shaped and part of it fits into the hole. We pretty much need something custom made or wait for Lelit to sort it out...they know I don't like the knob very much. Perhaps they will come up with a replacement that people can purchase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nothing here...

On 08/02/2021 at 20:44, KingoftheHeath said:

Wow, that looks much better in-situ compared to the marketing pics. Very nice indeed

Couldn’t agree more, the marketing pics put me off but it looks special here! Congrats on the new machine 😀

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, bigsav said:

The plasticky steam knob upsets me every time I see it. It's horrible emoji2373.png!

A nice wooden lever to match the Portafilter ‘Ascaso Baby T’ style would look good 🤩

• Like 1

I use a tapas dish to catch the drips once I hit weight too! Saves cleaning the drip tray all the time.

Looks good and while expensive it’s definitely one of the more sensible setups available

• Like 2

@EmmaC  - that looks good. No jars of Nespresso, instant coffee or syrups in sight. 😂🤣🤭🤷‍♂️👍

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Looks like a lovely little machine - I look forward to one day owning a machine which I can steam and brew with at the same time! Always feels like a compromise doing one after the other.

• Like 1