IGNORED

New house, new setup! Help please :)

Hello everyone. I have been reading a good few posts about newbie coffee lovers (like myself) asking for help and advice on a new coffee set up. However, they haven’t really covered what I was looking for so I though I would make a new post.

I currently have a Sage Barista Express which was the best machine I could really think of getting with my past room constraints. However, I am moving into a new property which is much larger, and I thought this was the perfect time to upgrade.

My Budget for an espresso machine and grinder is £2500 but depending on the options presented I might be persuaded to go a little higher.

The machine I was looking at was the Rocket Giotto Evoluzione Cronometro R and a Baratza sette 270wi grinder (I would like a niche zero but they seem rarer than rocking horse @$*& at the moment). Is this a well paired set up? The only thing I was not sure about with the espresso machine was the plumbing it in part. The area I live the water is classed as “soft” and therefore, I was unsure if I needed a filter system? Should I get a plumbed in machine or a normal tank setup?

What are your opinions on the proposed choices I have made and what alternatives would you suggest?  

Also What retailers would you suggest I purchase my setup from? I currently plan on using “Bella Barista”.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Sam.

Edited by Sharpe
  • Sharpe changed the title to New house, new setup! Help please :)

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum! So much info to digest on here but well worth the hours reading.

IMO, You do pay a premium for Rockets ‘name’ and lovely style. 
Maybe something like a Bianca could be considered? It’s got enough tech and with its pressure paddle, it should keep upgraditus at bay for a long time! 

Grinder wise, I did a lot of research and Sette‘s seem great when they are working. Reliability issues came up time and time again. I ended up with a Mingion which is great, but tbh, I would bite the bullet, sign up to the Niche and wait the time.

Enjoy the process and of course the coffee!  

• Like 1

@Sharpe Welcome to the forum... @Iamsami speaks a lot of sense when suggesting the Lelit Bianca and I think it will give you more than the rocket in the long run, it also has a really quiet pump implementation. With the grinder I would suggest waiting a few weeks and see what's around, there's some new stuff coming out. Or if you can't wait, spring for the Niche.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

Hi, welcome to the forum, this place will end up costing you money. You’ll soon realise you need things that you didn’t know existed not so long ago.😂 I certainly did anyway.

I’m loving my new Bianca and Eureka Specialita.

Some of the reasons for me choosing the Bianca was to put off upgraditis, loved the looks with the wooden accents, plumbable, quiet, gets great reviews, small footprint if plumbed but with the option of relocating the tank to sides or back if not.

Specialita is a very popular grinder , some very OEM looking single dozing mods being made / investigated by fellow forumers.

£2500 opens up a lot of options 👍

Enjoy the hunt.

Its a hell of alot of money for a heat exchanger machine imo. You're paying for the name. 

Have a nosey at dual boilers. 

What type of coffee do you like? Do you switch it up alot? As in need single dosing? 

There are some cracking grinders out there, and the grinder will make the biggest impact in terms of flavour. 

Way too early for this sh...

@Sharpe Welcome to the forum... @Iamsami speaks a lot of sense when suggesting the Lelit Bianca and I think it will give you more than the rocket in the long run, it also has a really quiet pump implementation. With the grinder I would suggest waiting a few weeks and see what's around, there's some new stuff coming out. Or if you can't wait, spring for the Niche.
I am a bit curious, what new stuff? [emoji2][emoji2]. I have been reading about the G-IOTA which looks impressive but there is no so much info.

@Sharpe most dont like the sette due to plastic gearing issuse. 

Eureka have just released the mignon xl with 65mm flat burrs £550

Or you could go balls out at a lagom p64 £1400 ish 64mm on demand, coupled with a dual boiler machine would be a formidable partnership 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

@Sharpe most dont like the sette due to plastic gearing issuse. 

Eureka have just released the mignon xl with 65mm flat burrs £550

Or you could go balls out at a lagom p64 £1400 ish 64mm on demand, coupled with a dual boiler machine would be a formidable partnership 

Ohh the Mignon XL looks nice! 

Top of the pile at the moment is the lelit bianca dual boiler and either the Mignon xl or Niche (if I can find one). 

The lagom p64 is nice! However, I think this is going a little too "balls to the wall" haha. 

Edited by Sharpe
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

Having looked at a few videos already I can see the lelit bianca dual boiler is by far a superior machine to the rocket! the Lelit is at the top of my list at the moment.

• Like 1

Join the niche order list off thier site, and when bew stock comes available they will email, i believe its for april del so not too long really

3 minutes ago, Bobbrown said:

I have a Bianca and a niche, and, although not cheap, I genuinely believe the Bianca is good value for money and the most feature heavy machine for the price

Where did you purchase it from? If you don' mind me asking ofc. 

30 minutes ago, Sharpe said:

Having looked at a few videos already I can see the lelit bianca dual boiler is by far a superior machine to the rocket! the Lelit is at the top of my list at the moment.

... although "by far a superior machine" is perhaps a bit subjective. A Kia has far more features for the price than a BMW but many wouldn't say it's by far superior.

I love my Bianca btw, not knocking it at all.

I, like you, looked at rockets first.

If you’re spending that money do your research on water as the wrong sort will make even an expensive machine worthless in a few years if it scales up.  Good news you’re in a soft area but I’d test the water yourself to make sure.

Well worth waiting for the Niche by all accounts. They seem to release them every other month so not long at all. 

Bianca would be my choice or Izzy Alex at Black Cat Coffee would be my choice 😀

• Like 1