IGNORED

Grinder Recommendations PLEASE.....

Hi, new to the group

Have recently acquired a 2005 model Gaggia Classic (after coveting one for some time). Studied the recommended modifications and consequently, I've adjsuted the OPV down to 9Bar, swapped out the steam arm for the Rancilio wand, replaced stock presurrised basket with 18g VST and in the process of looking for decent naked portafilter to help dial in extractions.(Already hooked on improving my espresso quality and tinkering with the Classic to maximise it's potential, frustrating but rewarding!)

However, from everything I've read, these upgrades will have little impact if the grinder is sub-standard. I'm looking to spend upto £200 (ideally "used" to improve chances of getting more for the money). I've read conflicting reviews of several I had in mind, namely the Ibeirtal MC2, Sage Smart Grinder Pro/Dose and the Eureka Mignon. 

Any help/advice on which way to go would be hugely appreaciated! 

• Like 1

my vote is for a eureka mignon.  if you stretch a bit you could get a new eureka mignon Facile.  or I'm sure you'll find something 2nd hand with enough looking for that budget (can't comment on the others as have never used them - I'm currently using a specialita FYI) 

8 minutes ago, RobDGio said:

my vote is for a eureka mignon.  if you stretch a bit you could get a new eureka mignon Facile.  or I'm sure you'll find something 2nd hand with enough looking for that budget (can't comment on the others as have never used them - I'm currently using a specialita FYI) 

This is the one I was leaning toawrds, brilliant thank you 

3 hours ago, HDAV said:

Over the moon with mine!

• Like 1

@Jules08 Hi and welcome to the forum....get a few more posts under your name (5) and you'll have access to the For Sale and Wanted sections on here...there's some good 2nd hand bargains (the odd NOS/unused/NEW) to be had at times....Ebay isn't always the cheapest option....good luck on your new journey :classic_smile:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rincewind said:

@Jules08 Hi and welcome to the forum....get a few more posts under your name (5) and you'll have access to the For Sale and Wanted sections on here...there's some good 2nd hand bargains (the odd NOS/unused/NEW) to be had at times....Ebay isn't always the cheapest option....good luck on your new journey :classic_smile:

Good shout, thank you

7 hours ago, HDAV said:

This sounds like a really good option! Not heard of this machine until your post, brilliant, thank you. Now trying to find a site with it in stock

17 minutes ago, Nonsmoker said:

I got mine from clumsy goat very good service quick delivery.

Currently out of stock on their site but looks like Rounton Coffee Roasters have it in 😃

12 hours ago, Jules08 said:

Currently out of stock on their site but looks like Rounton Coffee Roasters have it in 😃

There have been sites (have a search) who show stock when they don’t have it then take an age to deliver or refund the customers money so try to make sure it really is in stock! Coffee-hey I think sell it also (not a recommendation)  but showing as out of stock at the moment https://coff-hey.com/collections/coffee/products/new-eureka-mignon-crono-coffee-grinder-matt-black

Edited by HDAV
21 minutes ago, HDAV said:

There have been sites (have a search) who show stock when they don’t have it then take an age to deliver or refund the customers money so try to make sure it really is in stock! Coffee-hey I think sell it also (not a recommendation)  but showing as out of stock at the moment https://coff-hey.com/collections/coffee/products/new-eureka-mignon-crono-coffee-grinder-matt-black

It’s scheduled to arrive this Friday 🤞🏽 so hopefully that’s the case as I’ll be driving home from work like a kid on Christmas morning and would hate to be disappointed haha! But yeah you’re right, I’ve heard of a few businesses selling stock they don’t have 

• Like 1

Haven't even bought my Espresso Machine as yet, but from the videos we have seen, we will be purchasing the Mignon Silenzio.....nice & quiet with added good looks.

• Like 1