Message added by DavecUK,

Moved to valuations

Hi everyone, 

In my garage I have an approx 8 year old Fracino Cherub, I decided to completely strip it down and give the boiler/pipes etc a thorough acid clean. It was all going fairly well until there were a few nuts/valves that I couldn't get undone (I was following a step by step post from another user on here who did the same, I think possibly Mildred or similar?). Basically when I put it back together I found the water tank (which basically looks like an old sweet jar) to be leaking and the metal housing had come of the exhaust/solenoid. 

I'm trying to figure out whether this machine is worth selling? (more or less giving away) To someone in the know this machine may be an easy fix for £50 and a bit of labour time, but for me to send back to Fracino for a full service they have quoted £250 + parts + costs of getting it to them. I know the machine is not worth this, but I only ever used it for about 6 years at weekends to make 2/4 coffees, so I believe most parts are still in decent condition.

It is a sweet jar! It should be a fairly easy swap (holes in the right place and you're away) No idea about the other bit. Add pictures,  and people  should be able to give you a good idea. 

Edited by Missy

Upload some clear / quality photos to show condition inside and out plus any damage / corrosion.

When you have a few more posts, place it in the for sale section with what you think it is worth.

I might be interested in this as a project to learn more about how they work if you don't want a lot for it happy to take it off your hands for the cost of postage to Suffolk plus a small amount for your time.

• Like 1

@WardyP yeh I might be interested in that to help with a few bits I need witch I'm struggling to find for my cherub aswell pal. Let us know what price you would be wanting

Hi everyone, sorry it took so long to post the pictures. I will add them now. If anybody would like any other pictures please let me know. You can see from two of the pictures that I plugged it in (and it works) and then when switching on the pump (even though there is no water tank attached) it lights up and the pump starts to vibrate. Thanks 

9B617EF1-ED45-4C06-8E50-16E524C88B8E.jpeg

FFF3EA60-9FEC-4E88-BFA7-D89858FD24C8.jpeg

BC43C08E-252D-4D97-ABAA-A84725BC9825.jpeg

It does look like a sweet jar :classic_laugh:

Not bad little machines these, I remember when @fatboyslimhad one. I think they're worth around £350 ish at a guess, but as as is I'm not sure.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

16 hours ago, Rhys said:

It does look like a sweet jar :classic_laugh:

Not bad little machines these, I remember when @fatboyslimhad one. I think they're worth around £350 ish at a guess, but as as is I'm not sure.

I wouldn't want anywhere near that for it, as it needs a new water tank and probably various seals/gaskets which will have seized up.

On 10/02/2021 at 10:35, WardyP said:

I wouldn't want anywhere near that for it, as it needs a new water tank and probably various seals/gaskets which will have seized up.

@WardyP where are you? I’m looking for a project and resealing the water tank shouldn’t be a big issue 

6 minutes ago, WardyP said:

I’m based in Stockport 

Annoyingly I’m in South Wales used to work for a firm based in warrington so was up that way fairly regularly alas no more 🙁

@WardyPHi Peter. It seems a few of us are interested in the machine for projects. Why don't you advertise it in the for sale section at a price that you would be happy with and give first refusal to the people in the order they expressed an interest. Obviously the price would be for collection only and Shipping would be extra if you'd be prepared to ship 

Regards Colin

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo