IGNORED

Mazzer major doserless mods

Just re-watched it again....how come you didn't use the Rocket-blower on the "doser-cap-hole" whilst it was grinding away ?

FWIW i do :- cap-funnel-cap-funnel with the blower as quick as i can.

I assume it's a NEW workflow routine and it takes a bit of getting used to compared to your old routine ??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now obviously i cant use it with the massive dosing chamber on the front, so tools out and removed it,  After that i made a phone call to a friend @Rumpelstiltskin who expertly walked me through

Very tidy. Given your recent Ebay experiences - you were due some luck.

Glad i could help you matey, it was my pleasure....i'm here to learn about coffee and give as much help back as i can.

Posted Images

Purely cos of the above cupboards, dont have the space, 

I cant get the blower to the top hole, cup wise sometime i spary my beans for static, so the small cup gets the water, the large cup never gets wet then, but its also height again, not enough room. Fwiw i dont spray every bean. 

Whats good is the big cup is exactly 100g

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Way too early for this sh...

yup, i have to slide the minima out to fill it, cracking idea that it comes with felt pads to stick to the bottom

• Thanks 1

Yeah i've heard of a few peeps that use those felt pads...i don't need them for my coffee setup but they will (not purchased yet) help out with something else i move/slide...local squid shop had them last time i was in, failing that B&Q should have em.

• Like 1

Nice looking Major. Mine's a bit more battered than yours but the same model and with Ti burs. A lot better with the Daniel Wong kit that's for sure.

• Like 2

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

@Rhys yeah ive been really happy with it, the kit esp, fits so well and great build quality, i cant get over the speed it got here. 

Im getting into a good rhythm now with it, i tend to give most beans a rdt now just to help, only thing you tend to have to do is tap the shoot out. 

I believe you can get up graded burrs, but not sure if they change the profile or are just designed to take more beans before dulling. 

5 hours ago, Cuprajake said:

@Rhys yeah ive been really happy with it, the kit esp, fits so well and great build quality, i cant get over the speed it got here. 

Im getting into a good rhythm now with it, i tend to give most beans a rdt now just to help, only thing you tend to have to do is tap the shoot out. 

I believe you can get up graded burrs, but not sure if they change the profile or are just designed to take more beans before dulling. 

I wouldn't worry about the burrs. They'll probably last longer than you. They're meant to grind several kilos a day not grams. 😁

Yeah, the only annoying thing is retention in the chute but that's not a biggy.

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

• 3 weeks later...

I see you didn't put the little white rubber grommet in the hole. Although I got the metal cap as well which also has a hole in it so you can blow down through the burrs. I think the grommet will stop any fines coming out when you do that.

Used mine tonight as I have it set up for a dark roast decaf. Although when I use the Niche at my other half's house it pees out of the La Pavoni, but the Major makes a lovely job of it through the Slayer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urbanbumpkin said:

The rubber grommet kept coming out of mine.

I have to play "hunt the grommet" now and again. Good job my kitchen is small or i'd never find it....i feel a "mod" coming on :classic_wink:

I never blow from the top. Purely as it was under the cabinet.  

And yep pinged away lol 

New setupIMG_20210302_003123_652.thumb.jpg.0cfafdc5cae971c30b6a13289e76927b.jpg

• Like 1

Just stick your finger over the hole whilst grinding, tis what i do...grinder on, remove finger, blow with puffer, switch to top-hole-blow with puffer, back to funnel hole for a few puffs,,,by this time the beans have been munched, but i still give both holes a quick puff; switch off...job done 💪

• Like 1
On 02/03/2021 at 00:38, Cuprajake said:

I never blow from the top. Purely as it was under the cabinet.  

And yep pinged away lol 

New setupIMG_20210302_003123_652.thumb.jpg.0cfafdc5cae971c30b6a13289e76927b.jpg

Wow stunning set up! Are the Daniel Wong doserless kits still being sold? I’d love one for my SJ.

On 31/01/2021 at 16:22, Irisco said:

I have the Mazzer Royal with the collapsible camera lens and funnel, I love it and the taste in the cup is much better than the Niche in my opinion.

Hi there, I've just acquired a Mazzer Royal, do you mind linking the collapsible camera lens and funnel you have please?

If you have other tips, mods for it, I'd love any advice.

10 hours ago, CocoLoco said:

Hi there, I've just acquired a Mazzer Royal, do you mind linking the collapsible camera lens and funnel you have please?

If you have other tips, mods for it, I'd love any advice.

Hi, I purchased mine already modded so I didn't change anything myself. The idea was created by a member on here called "coffeechap" and I think he posted a video of the mod. I am sure there is loads of info on the records here if you search it or if you ask the question under the Mazzer grinder section. Sorry I can't be of more help. I am very impressed with mine though, the grind is beautiful and there is minimal retention. The only thing I need is a proper lid for the funnel, someone  on here used to make and sell really lovely wooden ones but not sure if he still does, everyone just wants a Niche now but give it a year!