IGNORED

How much money do you spend on beans per month?

I get signature blend from rave at 1kg at a time which costs £22.00 i guess it lasts for 3 weeks so in a month i would say £28.00 or there about.. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a bit surprised, that's 11 double shots, or pourovers a month....assuming no waste, purging or dialling in... Even my 86 year old mum gets through 900g per month in her BTC machine.

Perhaps we can get you drinking more  😉

Wife and I drink about 3kg a month, which I guess is about £90.  Sounds expensive I suppose- but we get much pleasure from it.   Andy

750g per month.

500g from LSOL per month and a random one that takes my fancy, sometimes freezing some of it if I get a good deal on a 1kg bag.

So normally £20 - £30 per month

It was 250g a week so £30 a month, but if I'm at work I don't drink coffee really so it's been near zero over the last month.

Sage Barista Express.

3 hours ago, profesor_historia said:
9 hours ago, Michael Ben said:
An £8/200G bag gets me through okay! 

The whole month??

I was a bit surprised, that's 11 double shots, or pourovers a month....assuming no waste, purging or dialling in...

Even my 86 year old mum gets through 900g per month in her BTC machine.

• Like 2

I don’t like – Sticks and Stones, beans that are sour, green…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until you roast them, then they scream out at you in the cooling tray, pick em out and flick them in the bin.. Lifes too short for bad coffee!

I was a bit surprised, that's 11 double shots, or pourovers a month....assuming no waste, purging or dialling in...
Even my 86 year old mum gets through 900g per month in her BTC machine.
To be honest I have started to drink much more since the Covid started last year and I was left with 30% of my working hours and suddenly I had much more free time and started to be more interested in coffee, trying new roasters, methods etc.
1 minute ago, Michael Ben said:

Ha yeah I am new here. I don't drink that much to be honest but I want to make sure when I do have one, it's a good one. So always buy speciality coffee. I have like 2/3 cups a week! - Mostly on a hangover

Perhaps we can get you drinking more  😉

• Like 2

I don’t like – Sticks and Stones, beans that are sour, green…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until you roast them, then they scream out at you in the cooling tray, pick em out and flick them in the bin.. Lifes too short for bad coffee!

I usually get through about 1kg a month used to buy mixed lots of 250g each month from various roasters. This usually cost about £35/month. .I usually have large latte's using 19g a day. I've recently been tempted by Kilo shipments of Mystery roast and Black cat's lock down offer (Wish i'd brought 2) this are more reasonably priced so the current spend would be about £20 - £25 a month at the moment.

I'm in saving mode atm, so have limited myself to 36g of beans per day. I alternate 2x 18g Espresso, or a 36g Chemex. For this purpose the Square Mile 350g bags are pretty handy, but I rotate through different roasters. I buy 2 or so bags a fornight, so around £40 a month.

I’m at a steady 3-4 doubles a day mixed between an Americano, straight double and a latte if I’m feeling fruity.

I make the wife a latte every morning with a double. Probably get through a kilo every 8-10 days. Spend 18-28 quid / kilo in general. So 50-65 quid. Wow. Never did that maths before!!!

On the plus side there’s only one local coffee shop I’ll actually get a takeout coffee from now(Waterloo Tea, Cardiff - were serving Clifton prior to this lockdown) so my coffee expenditure in terms of Starbucks and costa has completely gone, and at its peak the wife and I were probably spending £20 a week in Starbucks.

I'd never actually thought about the monthly cost, but working it out it's on average about £55 per month just myself, and adding in Mrs. CJV8's consumption it goes to about £82 average.  Eeek.  

It will have been considerably higher last year as being furloughed, then working from home and having the machine on all day meant it was far too easy to just grab a cheeky wee espresso.  Speaking of which it's been about 45mins since my last coffee...🤔

I drink 4 V60s a day (2 which are decaf), so go through about £40-50 a month including currently depending where I'm buying my beans from (mainly James Gourmet currently, they do a great decaf bean). But took advantage of Coffee by the Causals very kind offer last Friday, as who doesn't love great coffee and a great deal. Very excited for the beans to arrive!

As I said previously I'm at about 2kg a month so £55 - £60 I'd reckon. But was in the office this morning and briefly thought about grabbing coffee from Pret. Quickly decided against it as I'll have better when I get home, and genuinely reckon that's a £5 saved as inevitably it would have been a coffee and a muffin

As I said previously I'm at about 2kg a month so £55 - £60 I'd reckon. But was in the office this morning and briefly thought about grabbing coffee from Pret. Quickly decided against it as I'll have better when I get home, and genuinely reckon that's a £5 saved as inevitably it would have been a coffee and a muffin

Newbie here. We have never been consistently buying beans. We were a little all over the place. This is all about to change, thanks to this forum. Usually, 3 doubles and 2-3 singles a day for two. 

Ordered a bag each of signature blend and chocolate point from @BlackCatCoffee for £~32.00. This should do for a month. 

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” - John F. Kennedy