IGNORED

What do you think of Pact Coffee?

@DavecUK

3 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I think nuthin is actually free....

No, nothing is free, it's costing someone...

I was wondering what pact coffee was like.

obsessed with coffee, Waiting for Grinder !

9 minutes ago, Al Grandé said:

@DavecUK

Out of all the coffee I’ve ever tried it was my least favourite. But maybe it was because of my tastes. 
I think there are much better roasters out there.

Check out black cat if you want something good for V60. 

• Thanks 1

I have had some of their stuff a good few years ago. It was fine, nothing particularly memorable but I think they might be offering some more fancy stuff now.

If you would like the convenience of the subscription model I can thoroughly recommend Dog and Hat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Bezzera machines back in stock!

This is a longstanding offer they've run for years. The coffee is alright. In my opinion it's best for those who haven't got into true speciality roasters.

I used to be a huge fan. They were my first venture into "proper" coffee. I used to promote them pretty heavily on social media, and at one point I was very keen to work for them in some non-coffee capacity. I have two Pact-branded mugs in my cupboard because they once sent me a very generous care package to thank me for my support. 

They tried to crowdfund some time ago, but it failed because the valuation was too high. Since then it's become a very different company - the craft seems to have become subordinate to the numbers.

But yeah, the coffee is alright. 

• Thanks 1

I find it hard to taste a big difference between their beans. Could be down to my choice when selecting but I have had a variety from different locations etc and all seem very similar. Down to the way they roast?? Not sure but no longer subscribe

ive had some amazing coffees from Gold box in Newcastle but they are expensive 

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Al Grandé said:

@DavecUK

I meant to indicate for the same price, more might be spent on the coffee when you're not getting freebies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing here...

I mean, you can buy a V60 really inexpensively. Pact do pretty mediocre coffee.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 4 places local to me who offer really interesting coffee subscriptions, I'm sure there would be a roaster local to you that you'd be better off supporting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Cooffe said:

Probably similar to most (such as @filthynines) it was my first subscription. Wasn't impressed overall but I did get the free v60. Still use it to this day at work. Was worth the one month for the v60 if you ask me though.

I'm going to block you, haow very dare you😂😂

53 minutes ago, TomHughes said:

Out of all the coffee I’ve ever tried it was my least favourite. But maybe it was because of my tastes. 
I think there are much better roasters out there.

Check out black cat if you want something good for V60. 

Yes, they are on my list, with crown and canvas..

54 minutes ago, BlackCatCoffee said:

If you would like the convenience of the subscription model I can thoroughly recommend Dog and Hat.

I'm not really looking for subscription, at the moment as I will be looking to try different coffee from you all.

58 minutes ago, filthynines said:

This is a longstanding offer they've run for years. The coffee is alright. In my opinion it's best for those who haven't got into true speciality roasters.

I used to be a huge fan. They were my first venture into "proper" coffee. I used to promote them pretty heavily on social media, and at one point I was very keen to work for them in some non-coffee capacity. I have two Pact-branded mugs in my cupboard because they once sent me a very generous care package to thank me for my support. 

They tried to crowdfund some time ago, but it failed because the valuation was too high. Since then it's become a very different company - the craft seems to have become subordinate to the numbers.

But yeah, the coffee is alright. 

Ok thanks, I'm going to look at others and price the V60 in

49 minutes ago, Cooffe said:

Probably similar to most (such as @filthynines) it was my first subscription. Wasn't impressed overall but I did get the free v60. Still use it to this day at work. Was worth the one month for the v60 if you ask me though.

Thanks👍its the V60 that caught my eye.

50 minutes ago, RobDGio said:

I find it hard to taste a big difference between their beans. Could be down to my choice when selecting but I have had a variety from different locations etc and all seem very similar. Down to the way they roast?? Not sure but no longer subscribe

ive had some amazing coffees from Gold box in Newcastle but they are expensive 

My tastes, at the moment are not accustomed to the good roasters as yet...I tried Rave with AeroPress...waiting for my Grinder.... having said that I do like Greggs coffee...🙂😅

50 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I meant to indicate for the same price, more might be spent on the coffee when you're not getting freebies.

👍I emailed Pact, to clarify what you get in the brew kit,as I have seen V60s for £5ish, on coffee sites advertised on here.

1 minute ago, Al Grandé said:

👍I emailed Pact, to clarify what you get in the brew kit,as I have seen V60s for £5ish, on coffee sites advertised on here.

I'm fairly sure its a blue v60, filter paper pack of 50 and a dosing spoon.

• Thanks 1

V60s can make an awesome brew, but it won't be long before you'll be wanting a pouring kettle, maybe a nice carafe, and another 100 filters at £5+ a pack 🤣 

I got a 1 cup size one with an annual sub from Django and I love it. But I've also just ordered that nice size 02 one with a decanter (£25 with free postage via Crafthouse - £5 less than Amazon 👍) just to add a bit more coffee clutter to the kitchen 🙄