IGNORED

Lelit Mara X returned after 2 days :(

I'm feeling totally gutted at the moment. 

I used to use a espresso machine made by Swan and after a lot courage I decided to buy a Mara X. 

I was really excited when it arrived but after 2 days it has failed and needs to go back to Bella Barista. 

The technician says a temperature sensor and valve needs replacing.

They have been really understanding so I'm glad I've bought it from them. But it is a worry after only owning it for 2 days.

I can't wait to get it sent off Monday and get it back again to start making coffee.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's really ironic, to walk away from a cycling forum😂

Being a barista is a skill, that’s why Starbucks have vending machines 

It is not true at all and is a basic misunderstanding of science, hydraulics and mechanics. He mentioned it's because of flow rate 35ltre per hour vrs 120+ ltre per hour....but that is not relevant wh

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Steve0183 said:

I used to use a espresso machine made by Swan and after a lot courage I decided to buy a Mara X. 

I was really excited when it arrived but after 2 days it has failed and needs to go back to Bella Barista. 

They have been really understanding so I'm glad I've bought it from them. But it is a worry after only owning it for 2 days.

I can't wait to get it sent off Monday and get it back again to start making coffee.

I feel your pain. There's another thread where 3 of us had to return ours to get new temp sensors fitted.

Very dissapointed with Lelit not picking up on this.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyHarris said:

I feel your pain. There's another thread where 3 of us had to return ours to get new temp sensors fitted.

Very dissapointed with Lelit not picking up on this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Because I'm very new to making my own espresso I thought I had done something wrong. 

Basically I heard the pump turn on then the steam needle went all the way round into the brew pressure side. Then it suddenly dropped and the water refil light came on. 

I thought I had run it dry but there was half a tank of water still. It was then I noticed all the water over the counter. 

Now whenever you turn it on it just pumps water out from behind the front panel somewhere. I think the technition said there is some kind of valve or something behind it.

Like I say Bella barista so far have been top notch. They say they will upgrade both the parts at their cost. It's just a pain with the inconvenience and the last thing you expect on a 2 day £1000 machine lol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BlackCatCoffee said:

I wouldn't let it put you off, just one of those things. Bella Barista will look after you.

Haa haa I've spent too much money for it to put me off.

What I have learnt before it failed is that making the perfect espresso is a lot harder than I first thought it would be. 

I'm hoping after lockdown I may be able to find someone near myself to show me where I go wrong 🤣

• Like 2
What I have learnt before it failed is that making the perfect espresso is a lot harder than I first thought it would be. 
I'm hoping after lockdown I may be able to find someone near myself to show me where I go wrong [emoji1787]
Where are you?
2 hours ago, Steve0183 said:

I'm hoping after lockdown I may be able to find someone near myself to show me where I go wrong 🤣

Being a barista is a skill, that’s why Starbucks have vending machines 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

ooow that was cruel, true but cruel lol :classic_laugh:

That would be my signature but that would cost £15 a year......

• Like 2

I agree with @Rumpelstiltskin  - (See, I just clicked the "Mention" button, one of the perks of the Bronze membership) - In all seriousness... I use the forum a lot. It has become much more stable and reliable recently. I use the For Sale thread, and, since I've been a member pretty much (2014???), I've always donated a few quid around Christmas time. Now I can donate and get some perks. Seems a good thing for me! @HDAV

• Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

1 hour ago, KingoftheHeath said:
2 hours ago, Steve0183 said:
I'm hoping after lockdown I may be able to find someone near myself to show me where I go wrong emoji1787.png

Where are you?

I live near Framlingham in Suffolk

2 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

...I use the forum a lot. It has become much more stable and reliable recently. I use the For Sale thread...

Agreed, more stable....i also like it; makes me smile which keeps me sane....not unlike the CTC (Cycling UK), i had to walk away from that forum; shame really. I'm a great believer of "if something is good and brings enjoyment" then i'll gladly pay for said enjoyment....social media need not apply.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Agreed, more stable....i also like it; makes me smile which keeps me sane....not unlike the CTC (Cycling UK), i had to walk away from that forum; shame really. I'm a great believer of "if something is good and brings enjoyment" then i'll gladly pay for said enjoyment....social media need not apply.

That's really ironic, to walk away from a cycling forum😂

• Like 2

I find the giphy integration a lot of fun, mention button is super handy. The ignore thread button tempts me every day but of course I can't use it. 😇

• Like 1

Nothing here...

11 hours ago, Steve0183 said:

Oh dear, that’s not good. As you probably know there are two temperature sensors in the MaraX and there are people on here who have had failures on either one. I don’t think anyone has had them both fail yet.

It must be a dodgy batch that Lelit has had in. 

I had my steam temperature sensor replaced last week and my machine is working great again now - but my symptoms were inconsistent steaming / boiler pressure rather than an over pressure situation like you.

BB will sort you out, don’t worry. They will refund any return courier costs if you ask them to (they bill Lelit!). 

When I spoke to Martin last week he said that they have sold over 300+ MaraX and he has replaced 5 temp sensors so far (mine included). Sounds like yours will be the 6th. I know they have been talking to Lelit about it too as being a wider problem and if there is anything else that can be done in the future.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems but they will sort it for you I’m sure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve0183 said:

Basically I heard the pump turn on then the steam needle went all the way round into the brew pressure side

HI Steve, I feel you, I am facing the exact issue as yours and my machine is 3 weeks old. Just sent my unit back to my reseller and hopefully it's solved.

I hope you get your machine back soon, other than this issue which seems to affect recent units (mine is Oct 2020 production), the Mara X is a joy to use.

While I feel equally gutted, I did not regret buying the Mara X and I hope the issue will be gone for good.

I am a complete newbie to this home barista wallet depleting mid life excursion so be gentle. After ordering the Mara x  from BB all I saw were these problems and was kinda regretting it but it arrived and it was beautiful. Had it for a for a week or so now and touch wood all ok other than after switch on day 3 or 4 the steam pressure went to around 2.5 and stuck there.  Took a lot of steam to bring it down and now it seems fine, although, as a newbie, not sure if the resting pressure of 1 is about right or should be more in the 1.2 - 1.5 range.  Am using "brew mode" I think - still confused to be honest.  On another subject, I am still manually grinding having been let down by a company (not BB) on my order for a Sette 270 (bought and paid for but 2 days later advised there was a stock problem and they didn't have any in after all and didn't know when back in stock).  This may be a blessing in disguise and or costly order as now looking at Eureka Specialita - any thoughts on this choice would be welcome as my tennis elbow ridden elbows (never played a game in my life) are in a right state.   

• Like 1
On 24/01/2021 at 09:07, TomHughes said:

Yes I agree, however it is clear that Lelit have changed the design (/style) of the temperature probe for the steam/boiler temperature in the MaraX since it was in prototype and early production models. The model that @DavecUK tested and also was shipped in the first batches to 1st Line Equipment in the US all have a combined level sensor and temperature probe. Fast forward to the batches of machines that we’re using today (mine was built Sept 20) and these components are now separate. 

Clearly I don’t know why they changed it - cost, supply chain issues, reliability, serviceability etc I have no idea. What is evident from all of my internet searching is that no-one reported any issues online anywhere with the combined level probe/temp sensor that I have found. Only with the separate units.

This says to me that it’s likely it is either a poorly specified unit for the machine or a bad batch in the factory.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1