IGNORED

Yet another US Niche Zero

mmmm.....my first thought is why would someone in London buy a U.S. version...that would be a question i'd ask him/her....there may be a legitimate answer/reason; but i'd still like to know.....being pedantic here but it's a "step-down" transformer; not that the name matters a jot.....history seems ok, so it could be a genuine (not dodgy) sale.

I was looking at buying one a little while ago and they were sold out of UK plug so this is what I was planning on doing. Buying a US plugged unit along with ether a 240 to 110v transformer of a VFD.

Just out of curiosity how come people see the US plugged units as 'doggy'??

1 hour ago, Sam_d said:

...Just out of curiosity how come people see the US plugged units as 'doggy'??...

It's the person/s that's dodgy....not the unit.

I'm sure it would cost more OVERALL to purchase a U.S. version AND an appropriate mains-transformer...IMO it would be either better to wait for said Niche to become available ...or...spend that "combined OVERALL" money i just mentioned on a grinder that is higher priced....as for which model; well that depends upon what that "combined cash figure is" and the recommendations of the forum members.....the Niche is good; don't get me wrong...but other grinders are available as the saying goes....you pays yer money, you makes a choice.

To me, one of the main reasons for my Niche is the small footprint in my ever growing kitchen coffee equipment 'zone'.

To fit in a transformer that serves no 'coffee' purpose, defeats the object in a relatively small space.

If space isn't an issue then why not have a transformer?

I guess for the UK, the price will be lower than one having a UK plug.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo