IGNORED

Feb Nice arrived. JOY

I got it earlier than I thought.

Unboxing it was a dream. It looks sooooo gorgeous IRL.

1st cup. Nailed the dialing in. A sign of the future!

For 10 mins. I forgot all about COVID and my life in a house for a year.

No regrets!!! So glad I bit the bullet.

Had to share my jubilation.

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, radicoman said:

I got it earlier than I thought.

Unboxing it was a dream. It looks sooooo gorgeous IRL.

1st cup. Nailed the dialing in. A sign of the future!

For 10 mins. I forgot all about COVID and my life in a house for a year.

No regrets!!! So glad I bit the bullet.

Had to share my jubilation.

Man it took me a second go to nail it! 

Couldn’t agree more though - what a glorious thing it is. So much quieter than I was expecting! Just a joy to use. 6 months ago I had a DeLonghi KG79 and I feel like I have achieved enlightenment.

I have no idea if the Specialita I was considering would have felt equally wonderful but I have ‘Zero’ regrets about the money spent. 

• Like 1

I have a brand new rancillio rocky next to it. Now looks and feels like a poorer tired cousin.
Handy for larger grind needs... when the world let's me see a friend.

But for now. I have a new mistress at home with me. Yay

Man it took me a second go to nail it! 

Couldn’t agree more though - what a glorious thing it is. So much quieter than I was expecting! Just a joy to use. 6 months ago I had a DeLonghi KG79 and I feel like I have achieved enlightenment.
I have no idea if the Specialita I was considering would have felt equally wonderful but I have ‘Zero’ regrets about the money spent. 

Well, from a DeLonghi KG79 to Niche, honestly, it's like night and day, it cannot really be compared no? They are 2 separate solar systems , Niche costs 10 times more I think.
2 minutes ago, profesor_historia said:

Well, from a DeLonghi KG79 to Niche, honestly, it's like night and day, it cannot really be compared no? They are 2 separate solar systems emoji28.png, Niche costs 10 times more I think.

I have been fortunate enough to borrow a Brasilia RR55 for 4 months which was already a big (n size as well as quality) step up but this is.....as good as advertised. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BiggieBig said:

mine didn't arrive today 

expected tomorrow now for some reason 

nothing lost as I'm trying to use my grounded beans and awaiting delivery of roasted 

Same for me.  Looks like the courier was a bit premature with the delivery estimate!

1 hour ago, Will OBrien said:

Same for me.  Looks like the courier was a bit premature with the delivery estimate!

Mine was also supposed to get here today but no sign of it.

Got mine this morning, very easy to operate and the grind is so consistant.

Bit of a shock visually compared to my chrome Mignon but as they say looks are not everything ☺️

It arrived!  First impressions - it seems a little larger than I was expecting but I probably just need to get used to it as it's very different from the Delonghi KG79 that it replaces; looks good in my kitchen.  Quality bit of kit.  I don't have a new espresso machine yet so I've made a couple of cups with my Aeropress.  It may just be confirmation bias, but I did think they tasted better.  I appreciate the lower grind volume and pitch, much more comfortable to my ears.  And no need to do RDT anymore.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ETX1 said:

Got mine this morning, very easy to operate and the grind is so consistant.

Bit of a shock visually compared to my chrome Mignon but as they say looks are not everything ☺️

I also have a Mignon (MK2) - how does the Niche compare? Mine is March 2021 delivery and I can't wait for it!

Cannot really compare the grind as my Mignon has had alignment issues for the last few months.

Saying that when my Mignon worked well I still did not have much setting left to grind any finer, on the Niche there is plenty left and the grounds are not clumpy.

You shall not be disappointed.

• Thanks 1

Looks better in reality then in pic IMO.

nice shape and size as it can be tucked away

just tried a year old dark roast and had to set to grind 6.  To get 18g in 40 out in 30 seconds using VST basket.

I suspect it will be around 10 mark for fresher roasts. 

Over all very pleased and as other say it’s very quiet and the grinds out with no static and very clean. 

do I need to calibrate or does it come pre calibrated ?

Looks better in reality then in pic IMO.
nice shape and size as it can be tucked away

just tried a year old dark roast and had to set to grind 6.  To get 18g in 40 out in 30 seconds using VST basket.

I suspect it will be around 10 mark for fresher roasts. 
Over all very pleased and as other say it’s very quiet and the grinds out with no static and very clean. 

do I need to calibrate or does it come pre calibrated ?
Setting 17.5 for me. 18g. VST basket.
36g out.
28 sec.

Medium Pact roast.

Tastes awesome.
  • Like 1