IGNORED

Grinder for my Birthday!!!

After putting proper coffee on hold for a year, due to all my coffee machine and grinder money going on house repairs, I am getting a Mignon for my Birthday.

I'm decided on the Mignon because I like the way it looks, my wife can stand having it in the kitchen, I've heard mainly very good things.

The only remaining dilemma is, Specialita or Perfetto?

I'm going to be using it purely for pour over for the next 12 months, at which point we will move house and I'll be able to get a proper espresso machine!!!  And of course I'll be mainly grinding for espresso at that point in time.

I have seen a LOT about the Specialita, but information on the Perfetto is less prominent.  I know about the smaller burrs, and I've seen a comment on Bella Barista about it not being as suitable for Espresso, but I had thought it was stepless so not sure why, is it just the smaller burr size?  Will the Specialita be suitable for pour over?

Appreciate the comments. It's my birthday next week.  Hoping I (my wife) can get delivery on time.

The perfetto has a larger range of adjustment per complete rotation of the dial. Therefore, dialling in for espresso is difficult as you’re trying to make minuscule movements on the dial and even then you’re moving the burrs a relatively large amount. 

• Thanks 1

This was on Niche thread earlier today...

itguy  245

Posted 10 hours ago

Yippie!! Got my delivery confirmation for tomorrow - for my Feb 21 order.. Pity my MaraX is at Bella Barista at the moment !! ARRGGHH!!

A few month old Specialita (white) coming up for sale v soon  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

obsessed with coffee, Waiting for Grinder !

I don’t find an issue with using the specialita for pour over. The issue is more that it isn’t ideal to keep swapping from espresso to pour over on a daily basis. 

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Al Grandé said:

This was on Niche thread earlier today...

itguy  245

Posted 10 hours ago

Yippie!! Got my delivery confirmation for tomorrow - for my Feb 21 order.. Pity my MaraX is at Bella Barista at the moment !! ARRGGHH!!

A few month old Specialita (white) coming up for sale v soon  

Ah thanks,  If I was buying myself I would defo do this, but since it's a present it'll have to be new.

• Like 1

Woop. Large package delivered today which my wife has whisked quickly out of site. That was a quick turnaround 😁

Now I have to wait until my Birthday next Friday 🎁

1 hour ago, Waitforme said:

4 more sleeps 😴

Yup haha. I’ve booked the day off to do some aeropressing. It’s going to be a caffeine infused day.