IGNORED

After market pressurestat

I've been looking around for adjustable dead band pstats and have seen this

https://www.espressocare.com/products/item/pressurestat-ceme-with-adjustable-dead-band

I have a sarai on my cherub and I'm struggling to see if this would work as the pstat on my machine has 2 wires to the top of the contacts and 2 wires to the bottom. I'm not well verced in electronics.

So I was hoping someone on hear that knows a thing or 2 about electronics could chime in and ad let me know if this aftermarket pstat could work or would I need to find one that has pretty much the same wiring configuration as the sarai.

Thanks for any advice

@Sam_d I wouldn't go for that stat and often adjusting the dead band breaks them. After a few years in a machine even adjusting them can break them. Only the small Parker stats used in the Brewtus II were worse.

• Like 2

Nothing here...

@DavecUK thanks for this reply I didn't realise making adjustments could break that this is useful to know as I have make adjustments to my stat so I guess I need to just keep an eye out for this.

I will replace it with a stock stat then I was hoping to try and reduce the big swing in the dead band.

Also would you suggest getting the re-build kit to replace the diaphragm etc. Or just replace the stat?