IGNORED

Ngopi - 50% off second bag

27 minutes ago, Zeak said:

Never tried Indonesian coffee. Is it considered legit?

Yes indeed. Sumatra and Java are Indonesian Islands, perhaps you have tried coffee from there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Vivi, Alex and Alex Duetto in stock now!

1 hour ago, Zeak said:

Never tried Indonesian coffee. Is it considered legit?

Often chocolatey.....dunno if they would naturally be enough funk for the funk master! I guess you won't know until you try 😁

This roaster was highly recommended by@Coffee by the Casuals in his multi-roaster sub. I wanted to check it out as I've spent spent a few happy years living in Indo and don't see much on the way of specialty lots here in the UK - assume most stay closer to source? 

There are some nice sounding beans including some single variety and single farms. I did notice it's not roast to order so I'd contact them to check roast dates before ordering...

I might try a couple of bags - if not now then later in the year for sure. Trying to use up some bags in the freezer and also got my eye on that Peruvian lot @BlackCatCoffee are offering for a steal 😉

I had meant to share this with the forum. I highly recommend Ngopi. Check out the multi-roaster sub thread, but the short version is I thought they would be extremely gimmicky and all dark roast horrible stuff, but it’s top-end third wave coffee IMO.

• Like 2

The Black Country Coffee Roastery
www.coffeebythecasuals.com - Discount Code: CFUK21
Instagram: @casuals_coffee

As independent coffee businesses go they are suffering big time. Little family business, cafe/roastery in the centre of Birmingham, couldn’t get takeaway to be viable because they’re too far from the few offices still open. Just my opinion, but we could lose them if they’re not supported, and that would be a real shame.

In better times if any of you are local then go and eat and drink there. Fab, authentic Indonesia casual food.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Black Country Coffee Roastery
www.coffeebythecasuals.com - Discount Code: CFUK21
Instagram: @casuals_coffee

I ordered some of this, took me a while to get in to it (to dial it in I guess), but I'm loving it now. I bought the two with "full-washed" in their title as I find naturals quite hit and miss. Well, mostly miss.

On 29/01/2021 at 15:06, Jamie K said:

I ordered some of this, took me a while to get in to it (to dial it in I guess), but I'm loving it now. I bought the two with "full-washed" in their title as I find naturals quite hit and miss. Well, mostly miss.

I've now tried Java Drintin (natural) and Java Bourbon (natural)- both are excellent and are incredibly smooth and fruity, almost tea-like.

On 18/01/2021 at 18:03, Coffee by the Casuals said:

As independent coffee businesses go they are suffering big time. Little family business, cafe/roastery in the centre of Birmingham, couldn’t get takeaway to be viable because they’re too far from the few offices still open. Just my opinion, but we could lose them if they’re not supported, and that would be a real shame.

In better times if any of you are local then go and eat and drink there. Fab, authentic Indonesia casual food.

Your post convinced me to give them a go. Arrived today and very happy with my first attempt at a v60 (puntang full wash...) Will try a post dinner espresso shortly with the Kerinci.

Really appreciate the recommendation.

• Like 1