IGNORED

E37SD parts

axpetts

On 25/02/2021 at 20:23, axpetts said:

Nice! I wish I was as creative with the design side - would have avoided an overtime shift emoji1.png

I'd bet I spent way more time designing and making the part than you spent on your overtime shift. Actually it was quite good fun and satisfying to see the result sitting on the grinder. Still waiting for the bellows to arrive to see it all together. 

20210302_192844.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveandmairi said:

Actually it was quite good fun and satisfying to see the result sitting on the grinder.

Excellent 😎 ....you do realise you're gonna be inundated with requests to make "me one"

Looking forward to seeing it with the bellows :classic_smile:

• 1 month later...

Well, I finally got the Ceado bellows a few weeks ago. I used it with the first part I made (see previous page) but I decided to use up another big chunk of my time making a different design. It's no better, I just prefer the look. 20210424_141954.thumb.jpg.0f17c9f0446a5b8c87a922eed83f53d8.jpg

By the way, if anyone plans to order the bellows from espresso solutions, BEWARE!

I did not enjoy my first (and last) experience with them. Constant incorrect expected delivery dates, took almost 2mths to come but the worst thing was that when it did finally arrive, they demanded more money. Their explanation:

As per our terms and conditions, we reserve the right to change the prices at any time without notifying you.

Wow!

Btw - lIst price is not the £45.90 + vat I paid at the time of order - it's now £80.27 + vat!

20210424_141108.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 17/02/2021 at 03:12, axpetts said:

All in all this was an expensive mod/upgrade but it does allow me to run my SD in both hopper mode and SD mode - something that the standard SD model can't do. The grind quality and workflow when in SD mode is also great, so I'm pleased from that perspective too.

I am exactly looking for the same versatility like your setup here, since I found a good deal on a latest E37S with quick set and touch screen. I do need to make multiple shots on some weekends, normally during the week it's just 2 shots in the morning.

I've gathered the parts breakdown and main differences between the recent iterations of E37S and E37SD according to this list:

2015 E37S (Adjustable anti-static flap. That's the version with the hole on the side for adjusting the flap)

2017 E37S (Fixed anti-static flap. Removed the adjustment hole introduced in the previous version)

2018 E37S (Touch Screen)

2019 E37S (Quick set gear w/o swing out mechanism, part #5)

E37SD (Quick set gear w/ swing out mechanism, part #6, bellows and dose funnel, bellows support, chute cover, M8 bean distributer/burr safety nut, lower RPM more torque?, titanium burrs)

E37T (larger motor, thermal fan control chamber, titanium coating as SD, different burr geometry (different from SD?), redirecting spout there might be just enough room when using certain portafilter funnel or dosing cup on the S and SD)

Can you kindly elaborate where is the CEA40319 - M8 bean distributer/burr safety nut ?

Also were you able to find out if the lack of the flapper from 2017-2019 E37S (#23 in 2019 parts breakdown) does anything to clumping?

Edited by longpvo

@longpvo I can answer the question about lack of flap adjuster on the 2017-2019 E37S (I have one). Absolutely zero clumping / spraying. Big improvement from having the clump crusher flap in my opinion. Just a lovely fluffy mound of coffee in the portafilter.

Edited by lake_m

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4 minutes ago, lake_m said:

@longpvo I can answer the question about lack of flap adjuster on the 2017-2019 E37S (I have one). Absolutely zero clumping / spraying. Big improvement from having the clump crusher flap in my opinion. Just a lovely fluffy mound of coffee in the portafilter.

Do you mean you have the fixed flapper or did you remove the flapper? I was suggesting that on the E37SD, the flapper is removed from factory (shown in the diagram).

53 minutes ago, longpvo said:

Do you mean you have the fixed flapper or did you remove the flapper? I was suggesting that on the E37SD, the flapper is removed from factory (shown in the diagram).

It was removed from the factory (no hole).

Edited by lake_m

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 hours ago, longpvo said:

I am exactly looking for the same versatility like your setup here, since I found a good deal on a latest E37S with quick set and touch screen. I do need to make multiple shots on some weekends, normally during the week it's just 2 shots in the morning.

I've gathered the parts breakdown and main differences between the recent iterations of E37S and E37SD according to this list:

2015 E37S (Adjustable anti-static flap. That's the version with the hole on the side for adjusting the flap)

2017 E37S (Fixed anti-static flap. Removed the adjustment hole introduced in the previous version)

2018 E37S (Touch Screen)

2019 E37S (Quick set gear w/o swing out mechanism, part #5)

E37SD (Quick set gear w/ swing out mechanism, part #6, bellows and dose funnel, bellows support, chute cover, M8 bean distributer/burr safety nut, lower RPM more torque?, titanium burrs)

E37T (larger motor, thermal fan control chamber, titanium coating as SD, different burr geometry (different from SD?), redirecting spout there might be just enough room when using certain portafilter funnel or dosing cup on the S and SD)

Can you kindly elaborate where is the CEA40319 - M8 bean distributer/burr safety nut ?

Also were you able to find out if the lack of the flapper from 2017-2019 E37S (#23 in 2019 parts breakdown) does anything to clumping?

Hi there. My E37s is a 2017 unit so it came with the "fixed" anti-static flapper. When modding my E37s I left this in as I have never had much issue with retention (using RDT), particularly with bellows. 

Not sure what you mean by where is the safety nut? Do you mean where is it installed? If so it replaces the little domed nut you see when you look down on the burrs after removing the hopper. 

Its visible in my pics at the top of this thread. Its wider than the original and helps manage the flow of beans. I got mine from espresso Solutions.

Thank you guys, looks like I’m sold on the E37S.

@axpetts I see what you mean now. It’s this mushroom bolt, CEA40319 - M8 bean distributer/burr safety nut.

850F602C-213C-49DA-9CA9-FDEAAE5B509B.thumb.jpeg.db6f943ba57e850d281c4072e5f1e28e.jpeg

My would be E37S comes with this hopper support that has locking tabs.

A3B4B831-F289-4942-9812-A295ACB85CB3.thumb.jpeg.973c16cc364cfc97ee2d6bd705b9c6b9.jpeg

Can you confirm that I would need to swap out for the following:

7112B6EC-6A43-49C9-A20F-3C365043A316.thumb.jpeg.abe8fd67ca8e0489141449e978d2b705.jpeg

CEA90354 - Bellows and dose funnel
CEA40316 - Bellows support

It seems like those who really want that swing out quick set for brew can technically swap out these parts.

65881E03-F7C2-4731-9719-4BD5B4E3D417.thumb.jpeg.871969f7751bc62e256cd0327821725f.jpeg

Edited by longpvo

1 hour ago, El carajillo said:

What is the provision for tightening and releasing the mushroom nut ?

I used an adjustable spanner. The thing to remember is that the threads on the nut are reversed. This means that to loosen the nut you wind clockwise. To tighten the nut you wind anti-clockwise. 

33 minutes ago, axpetts said:

I used an adjustable spanner. The thing to remember is that the threads on the nut are reversed. This means that to loosen the nut you wind clockwise. To tighten the nut you wind anti-clockwise. 

I was aware of the L/H thread but.  Are there flats on the nut ?, from the drawing it appeared to be circular.