IGNORED

E37SD parts

axpetts

Hello all. I'm looking to purchase a set of the 'zero retention bellows' that come with the SD models for my E37S. I'm also after the rubber cap that attaches to the grounds chute. I believe the chute cap has a part number of 70165 but I cannot find a part number for the bellows.

Please could anyone help with a part number and also point me in the direction of somehere that may be able to supply the parts? Google has failed me so far...

Cheers, Andrew

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at purchasing one as well, and failed to find one. perhaps Bellabarista could get some stock from Italy? 

I THINK it will fit my grinder, but it would be great if somebody could confirm the diameter of the part of the grinder where the bellow sits? (basically the diameter of the bellow grinder side)

Thanks

On my E8 the diameter of the rubber bit that fits on top of the upper burr is 58mm. The bellow are available from somewhere (I've seen them before) but I remember they were really expensive for what they are. Corrugated hose of the right diameter would probably do the job. I was looking at things like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005X6QQ90/?coliid=I2QQ0HG0BNGJE1&colid=1CC5SI8Y1QYJB&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

• Like 1

Thanks @Rob1 58mm should fit my grinder nicely. I already have a puffer and it doesn't do a good job, but I used to own an SD and the puffer was the best part of it :D

If you can remember where you saw it I'd appreciate it massively

4 hours ago, Rob1 said:

On my E8 the diameter of the rubber bit that fits on top of the upper burr is 58mm. The bellow are available from somewhere (I've seen them before) but I remember they were really expensive for what they are. Corrugated hose of the right diameter would probably do the job. I was looking at things like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005X6QQ90/?coliid=I2QQ0HG0BNGJE1&colid=1CC5SI8Y1QYJB&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

These are too small to fit into the rubber bit on their own. The corrugated bottles are great though. I found it fits into the chef's squeezy bottle I was using to begin with just brilliantly. 

16118742351565155441887428479870.jpg

16118742630816080457520106318590.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Ceado directly who forwarded my email onto espresso-solutions.co.uk, who seem to be the official UK parts supplier. They were really helpful and provided me with a parts diagram for the E37SD. From this I could work out that in order to mod my E37S I would need the following parts:

CEA90354 - Bellows and dose funnel
CEA40316 - Bellows support
CEA70250 - Chute cover
CEA40319 - M8 bean distributer/burr safety nut

All of these parts are now available on their website. Be warned though; they are expensive for what they are.

Particularly expensive was the bellows support piece. This is pictured next to the original hopper support in one of the pics for comparison. Unfortunately this piece is needed as the original hopper support has gaps which allow air to flow out rather than through the grinder. The hopper support is also slightly shorter meaning that when the bellows are pressed down the funnel hits the burr nut.

All in all this was an expensive mod/upgrade but it does allow me to run my SD in both hopper mode and SD mode - something that the standard SD model can't do. The grind quality and workflow when in SD mode is also great, so I'm pleased from that perspective too.20210216_195449.jpg.7ca1e0bd60b6d3c4c991d2d175c2a4c0.jpg20210216_195404.jpg.d8ecfbe454055deb2cb328e1002c05c9.jpg20210216_195544.jpg.468de380c3248831545b6a9221e899b8.jpg20210216_195631.jpg.0cfa7ad740df593e98574b09ff8eadf1.jpg

• Like 1

Nice job!
Thanks. The hardest part was removing the original burr nut. Thankfully another post in this forum informed me that the nut is threaded in reverse meaning that in order to undo the nut you need to turn clockwise!

Brexit has made sourcing parts from Europe more difficult too - hence the delay Espresso Solutions experienced getting their shipment of parts from Ceado.

Can you do me a favour and confirm the internal diameter of the metal ring where the bellow slots in?
Also would you mind posting a pic of the underside of the bellow?
Thanks
The diameter of the metal ring is 63mm. Internal diameter of the below support hole is 43mm20210216_203339.jpg

17 hours ago, Carlo said:

Can you do me a favour and confirm the internal diameter of the metal ring where the bellow slots in?

Also would you mind posting a pic of the underside of the bellow?

Thanks

Do you have a plan to 3D print the support? Being a luddite, I'm wondering whether it could be crafted from wood 😁

If anyone is looking for a cheaper option - maybe for the older models without the new worm adjuster, these work exceptionally well. The only thing you'll need is a glass or plastic tube insert to go inside the neck which you stretch the bellows over. It's an interference fit inside the neck so completely sealed. https://www.wdscomponents.com/en-gb/rubber-gaiters-for-universal-joints-wds-554/c-604/p-1714/v-12937. The photo is from my E92 but will work the same on the E37S.

image.png.ea9ede7ab7a505c8a9efc494dc704c15.png

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

I've ordered the bellows (£62 inc. shipping costs) and have plans to fabricate a part that will allow me to use it without spending the additional £240 or so on the other parts listed above. 

I'll try to remember to take pics along the way and will post the results. 

I've ordered the bellows (£62 inc. shipping costs) and have plans to fabricate a part that will allow me to use it without spending the additional £240 or so on the other parts listed above. 
I'll try to remember to take pics along the way and will post the results. 
Nice! I wish I was as creative with the design side - would have avoided an overtime shift [emoji1]