IGNORED

Best Vendor for Lelit Mara X

Not to be negative, but I don't think it's as simple as them offering fast delivery and service etc. 
The quality of a companies customer service is apparent when things go wrong. 
There is a guy on the forum who has a grinder from them and despite many videos showing the defect is getting massively fobbed off by BB. 
If you look down through the reviews on something like trustpilot they are all positive, apart from the odd one where things go wrong and BB are lacking. 
I have only dealt with them on the buying side, but I'd ignore positive reviews on how quick their service is etc. and focus on what they're like when things go wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
53 minutes ago, TomHughes said:

I'd ignore positive reviews on how quick their service is etc. and focus on what they're like when things go wrong. 

Just to be clear, when I say service, I mean service overall. I bought my MaraX from them and I have also had quite a few conversations with their technical teams to help me understand / remedy some of my initial issues. In all regards I have found them quick and helpful.

They also serviced my Izzo Alex previously, and also my Expobar Office DB and both times they got parts, fitted, tested etc all quickly and simply for a fair price.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Flan said:

Thanks, yes, agreed—much more concerned about remedying any problems than I am getting the machine to my door quickly (although both would be nice!).

Bella Barista have  always been one of the best retailers to deal with in the UK, with long warranties that they stand behind and are fully transferable if you sell the item. I would certainly not ignore all the positive reviews, that would be silly, because if you see almost overwhelming positives and one or two negatives, that's a good sign. If you see a few positives and one or two negatives, I'd say that's not as good.

• Like 1

Nothing here...

1 hour ago, TomHughes said:

Not to be negative, but I don't think it's as simple as them offering fast delivery and service etc. 
The quality of a companies customer service is apparent when things go wrong. 
There is a guy on the forum who has a grinder from them and despite many videos showing the defect is getting massively fobbed off by BB. 
If you look down through the reviews on something like trustpilot they are all positive, apart from the odd one where things go wrong and BB are lacking. 
I have only dealt with them on the buying side, but I'd ignore positive reviews on how quick their service is etc. and focus on what they're like when things go wrong. 

I think you can rely upon the advice from the forum on this one. Tom, if members have a grievance, then they usually air them here. I am not saying some people have not had an issue when dealing with BB. I am not suggesting that every issue with equipment bought from BB is the fault of the vendor or the customer. I am suggesting that if you wanted to trawl back through the threads you will find more positive than negative comments. 

• Like 2

The advantage of being a Silver member....

My experience with them (Bella Barista) has always been great. I’ve been a customer since 2012 or thereabouts, I had trouble with a Pro-700 like 14 months down the line and they sorted me out without issues. Also recently with the Elizabeth I was getting 99% stuck pucks and and listened to me and worked with me to troubleshoot it. I actually went to their premises and spent a good 2 hours there trying things out, eventually getting to the bottom of it. 

Having said that, what @TomHughes  says above should not go unnoticed, and there are other instances of the exact same type in this forum. I have always been lucky and they were great, in my experience, pre sales and after sales care. But I wouldn’t like to be on the shoes of some folks here where there’s obviously a problem and they kept told there’s nothing wrong with it. Would other vendors do that too? I bet!

I suppose in a way it’s always hard to diagnose when a problem is somewhat subjective. For instance, the member here says the grind doesn’t grind well if compared to the behaviour of the same grinder used by other members. There’s another member where the machine is simply not capable of heating up and steaming milk. I think in another instance another member, or the same member, I don’t recall exactly, was told to try a different type of milk. Those things can always be “fobbed off” easily because, ultimately, the grinder is grinding and the machine is steaming, but it’s not performing as it should, far from it. Now, if the machine is leaking, then you can’t argue with that, as it’s just binary. 

I really simpatize with the minority here. It would drive me up the wall to be left in the position they are in. However, for the vast majority, including myself, their service is excellent and I wouldn’t look anywhere else. 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

I was going to buy a Lelit Bianca or a Crem One DB-PID from them....2 lots of "clear" messages left (on seperate days)....no reply came the answer. I assumed my money wasn't good enough; so i took my money elsewhere...not knocking them; just dissapointed that's all.

So OP i'd say yes; they do have a very good reputation and even i wouldn't hesitate on recommending them as a retailer for your Lelit.

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin
on seperate days added
  • Like 3

Fides Nemo