• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coffee Italia offered an "incentive" of 2.5% off the retail price iirc if you paid via "bacs/money-transfer/bank"....whilst this looked good in reality it was their way of making sure you couldn't cla

Its bigger, i suppose though if you make the housing smaller theres less free space for grounds to occupy.  I think the only way to truely tell between retention and exchange would be to grind re

I meant Helios, not Zenith... and given the tweaks to the Helios from the older Atom, I'd only get an Atom if it were priced significantly lower than the Helios. Which it isn't... so Helios. Then agai

On 14/01/2021 at 18:52, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Coffee Italia offered an "incentive" of 2.5% off the retail price iirc if you paid via "bacs/money-transfer/bank"....whilst this looked good in reality it was their way of making sure you couldn't claim/retract/bounce "ALL" your money back from them when they didn't come through (and they don't)....you'd no-doubt "eventually" get your money back/refunded .....BUT....MINUS....their "handling fee/charge/re-stocking fee" bullshit that they use....they know that using a Credit Card in conjunction with a Section 75 gets them jack-shit when "you get all your money back" via your CC....they can't say no to Credit Card transactions as it'd look suspicious; hence the 2.5% incentive to anything other than a Credit Card.

Credit Card payments are the way to go if you want protection and peace of mind, especially if buying from abroad.

Edit: just realised how boring my response was. Agree, pay by card, get those protections! 

Edited by jaffro
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, BlackCatCoffee said:

Atom 60 as a happy medium? 

Possibly but I can’t see it being much better than a Specialita but they’re Mignon XL money from what I can see.

I like the 65mm options as I have more burr options whenever they need replacing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2021 at 10:46, Geezercdg said:

No they didn't

Hmm. Seems BB have changed their mind about taking funds upon pre-order. I pre-ordered the Mignon XL from them today for expected arrival at the end of the month and they have definitely charged my card. 

Down with this sort of thing. 

5 minutes ago, Dallah said:

Seems BB have changed their mind about taking funds upon pre-order.

I have only ever pre-ordered my latest machine from Bella Barista, and that was back in July 2020. My card was charged straight away and the machine was delivered promptly as soon as they had stock of them.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

2 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I have only ever pre-ordered my latest machine from Bella Barista, and that was back in July 2020. My card was charged straight away and the machine was delivered promptly as soon as they had stock of them.

@MediumRoastSteam I have no problem

with BB charging my card upon placing the pre-order. I expected they would and I trust them. It’s just at odds with @Geezercdg  said happened with his pre-order. 

• Like 1

Down with this sort of thing.